JOB POST #3885-2023
Administrative Assistant – full time positionDate Posted: February 1st, 2023 Date Closing: June 30th, 2023
Location: Scales Nature Park
Duration: Permanent position
Salary: Varies depending on position, funding, and experience.
Duties may include:
- Manage phone calls, email inquiries, and mail, take messages and draft replies
- Ensure new volunteer and employee documents are completed and filed correctly
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and reminders for senior staff
- Complete legal documents, form letters, and other documents and distribute them as directed
- Prepare invoices/receipts, process payments, follow up on outstanding receivables, process employee expenses and vendor bills, monitor due dates on payables
- Perform human resources administrative duties such as payroll, ROE’s, T4’s etc.
- Greet visitors, operate cash register, answer questions and show visitors around
- Maintain a positive, can-do attitude, and communicate effectively in English
- Assist with development of reports, claims and proposals related to projects
- Assist with animal care, gift shop, maintenance or other operations as required
-professional written and oral communication skills
-attention to detail and organization is a must
-familiarity with MS Office and Google Suite, including Google Calendar, Sheets, etc.
-experience with bookkeeping, payroll, and other clerical duties is an asset
-internal motivation and the ability to work without supervision
-valid class G license, and good driving record
-familiarity with social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
-ability to work and thrive as part of a close-knit team
Accommodations (shared) may be available on-site (quad or double bunk room). The ability to thrive as part of a close-knit team in challenging situations and a live/work environment is important.
How to Apply:Please complete the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/DX1QdmWCbx2pvFyi6. At the conclusion of the questionnaire, you will be prompted to upload a resume, cover letter, and references as a single PDF file, 4 pages or less. Resumes will be reviewed beginning March 1, but applications will continue to be accepted after that.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3885-2023