JOB POST #2868-2022
Branch CoordinatorDate Posted: March 18th, 2022 Date Closing: May 1st, 2022
LOCATION: Barrie, ON.
POSITION TYPE: Full-Time, Entry Level.
About Decks Toronto:
Since 2009, Decks Toronto has provided beautiful outdoor living solutions to customers across Ontario. We are a specialty premium decking store with 3 different locations across the GTA. From installation, product knowledge and detail-oriented customer service, Decks Toronto provides customers with a wide range of products and services. Decks Toronto’s large stock of top brands and dependable next-day delivery is what makes us the #1 destination for maintenance-free decking. Visit our website www.deckstoronto.com for more details.
Summary of the position:
The Branch Coordinator is responsible for yard operations and product sales in our newly opened Barrie location. The coordinator will handle clients over the phone or email and arrange the delivery of the requested materials. He or she will cultivate relationships with local contractors and homeowners, creating a stronger presence of the brand in the Simcoe County region. Forklift operation in the yard is required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate location operations including front desk and inside sales, supplier relations, yard and delivery duties, forklift operations, administrative support and overall facility supervision.
- Oversee yard operations including: inventory storage and disbursement, staging of outbound loads, and loading and unloading all trucks.
- Control inventory levels by conducting physical counts in the yard
- Maintain physical condition of the yard through inspections on equipment, facilities, issuing work orders for repairs, and requisitions for replacements.
- Ensure accurate completion of all paperwork, inventory and stock control through coordination with the administrative support department.
- Prepare quotes and materials estimates based on client requirements and drawings of deck projects.
- Planning and executing the procurement and transport of inventory.
- Monitor budget and manage all expenses associated with location management.
- Perform a moderate amount of physical labour which includes bending, kneeling, lifting and walking.
- Generate new prospects through outbound sales calls.
- Ensure that inventory is properly received, recorded, stored, and shipped.
- Exhibit extensive product and industry knowledge for customers unfamiliar with the business.
- Understand and operate the Clover POS system
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of supervisors assigned to the job
- Quick learner and hard worker.
- Independent, self-motivated and able to plan, coordinate and execute work without supervision
- Previous experience in a supervisor/management role is an asset.
- Outgoing and personable, able to speak to walk-in customers in person or over the phone.
- Excellent written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate over email with customers and suppliers, detailing all necessary information in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate willingness to learn and be trained in all aspects of sales, yard operations and customer service.
- Strong time management, and organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple requests and priorities.
- Strong relationship building and problem solving skills.
- Experience in decking and landscaping preferred.
- Forklift certification is preferred.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business or management preferred.
- Full/Native English Proficiency
- Authorized to work in Canada
- Can reliably commute to the location (49 Truman Road)
Why Decks Toronto:
The composite decking industry has grown tremendously over the past few years, reflecting the apparent success of Decks Toronto as a leading supplier of premium decking materials in the Greater Toronto Area. Join the new and exciting field of composite decking and become an expert in an industry that is projected to grow to $4 billion by the end of 2022. As a people-focused small business, our aim is to equip our team with a path to personal and professional success. We believe in every worker’s ability to realize their potential and are ready to help them every step of the way. It also means that you’ll need to embrace the challenge of figuring things out on your own.
As the company grows, so will each member of Decks Toronto, seeing their hard work be rewarded equally and fairly. We guarantee that the amount of effort put into the business will be reflected in a person’s success within the company. If you see yourself as a hard worker, curious and driven to succeed in a leadership position, we want you to be part of our team.
Compensation and Benefits:
- $22/hour plus commission – hit your targets, and we’ll pay you extra
- Potential for growth within the company after one year
- Independent work – no need to train new hires
- Free merchandise and discount programs from our partner brands