JOB POST #2788-2022
Community Health WorkerDate Posted: February 24th, 2022 Date Closing: September 30th, 2022
Are you compassionate, independent and enjoy working with people? We are looking for energetic people who want a rewarding career in the home healthcare industry. Bayshore Home Care Solutions is offering a unique opportunity for caring people to obtain a Community Support Worker Certificate and to start a career in the health care industry, becoming one of Canada’s Healthcare HERO’s.
Community health workers (CHWs) are frontline public health workers who have a close understanding of the community they serve. At Bayshore, we believe in creating special moments for our clients each day. These moments touch the lives of our clients and our employees, and they guide the way we run our business. These moments inspire, change, and encourage us. They are what we call the Bayshore difference.
Bayshore Home Care Solutions will provide a fully funded tuition, hands-on paid training, including a guaranteed job with the organization.
An approximately 8-week program designed to provide you with the education and skills you will need to work as a Community Health Worker in the exciting and fast-growing field of health care.
Community Support Worker (CHW)
If the following sounds like you, then you might make a great CHW!
- I enjoy interacting with elderly populations and people with disabilities
- I am a good listener, and I can also communicate well, both written and verbally
- I enjoy being busy and working independently
- I can maintain my positive attitude while dealing with frustrating and challenging situations
- I have previous personal and/or volunteer experience, providing compassionate care and support to others in need (children, seniors, neighbors, etc.)
- We also want people who have personal experience providing care and support to others, and those from Retail, Hospitality, or the Service Industries!
Tell me about the Day in the life of A Community Health Worker
- Several patient visits per day, travelling from home to home to provide care, either on your own or with a Personal Support Worker
- Meal planning, safe food preparation and storage, feeding
- Basic home maintenance and housekeeping
- Assisting with use of walkers and canes, transfers from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet, etc.
- Rising and retiring – Dressing and putting on shoes, brushing hair, teeth, shaving, etc.
- Personal care – Assisting with bathing, showering, toileting, foot and sponge baths, etc.
- Socializing and companionship for those in need of emotional support
Why join our team?
- Full-time, Part-time, and Casual roles available
- Work independently and within your community
- Company-paid work device
- Paid travel reimbursement
- Competitive compensation including paid training, competitive wages, and benefits
- Ability to participate in company’s RRSP
- One on one patient care
- Continuous learning and training opportunities
You will also need to (have)
- Access to a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license (G or G2)
- A willingness to work every other weekend
- Ability to pass or satisfy a Criminal Background screening upon hire
- Ability to satisfy a reference check
- A passion for making a difference in your community
- Live in the community you will be servicing
Apply now to learn more!
Join us for one of our Weekly held information sessions, held by a Bayshore Recruiter: Contact information (google.com)
Bayshore is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code