JOB POST #3886-2023
Day Camp Leader – summer positionsDate Posted: February 1st, 2023 Date Closing: June 30th, 2023
Location: Scales Nature Park
Duration: Varies with position, minimum 8 weeks with extension up to one year internship possible
Salary: Varies depending on the position and funding. At or slightly above minimum wage.
Duties will vary with the nature of each position, but will include:
- Plan and lead structured and unstructured program activities, supervise and play with children ages 7-13, build positive group dynamics, promote inclusiveness, and foster an appreciation of nature
- Plan and lead activities for teens aged 14-16 in a Leader-in-Training program, related to nature, group leadership, etc.
- Provide first aid or emotional support as required, follow procedures and complete required documents.
- Assist with development of day camp group bases and additional interactive structures
- Assist with other operations such as facility development and maintenance, animal care, educational programming and field research as time allows and as appropriate to the interests of the candidate
- Passion for play, knowledge of nature and reptiles, contagious enthusiasm, creativity, self-confidence
- Strong oral communications skills, planning and problem solving skills
- Positive attitude and willingness to help children overcome fears
- First aid, CPR, Bronze Cross or similar qualifications
Accommodations (shared) may be available on-site (quad or double bunk room). Candidates should enjoy working both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of settings. The ability to thrive as part of a close-knit team in challenging situations and a live/work environment is important.
How to Apply:Please complete the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/DX1QdmWCbx2pvFyi6. At the conclusion of the questionnaire, you will be prompted to upload a resume, cover letter, and references as a single PDF file, 4 pages or less. Resumes will be reviewed beginning March 1, but applications will continue to be accepted after that.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3886-2023