JOB POST #3341-2022
Events Support Assistant – Contract (12-18 Months)Date Posted: September 7th, 2022 Date Closing: September 30th, 2022
Title: Events Support Assistant – Contract (12-18 Months)
Job Purpose: Under the direction of the Corporate Affairs & Services Manager and working closely with the Event Support Specialist, the Events Support Assistant will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support on a variety of projects/tasks and assist in the successful planning, coordinating, and execution of all Corporate events.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides general administrative support to the Events Team and Corporate Affairs & Services Manager as requested. Examples include, but are not limited to: filing, file creation and maintenance, printing and scanning documents, sorting mail, sending couriers, updating “How To” documents, etc.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing various meetings/trips including, but not limited to: internal sales meetings for all product segments; customer appreciation trips for all product segments; “Napoleon Experiences” for all product segments; Dealer Council meetings, President Summit meetings, Distributor meetings; and departmental and Corporate Office meetings/events.
- Assists the Event Support Specialist in planning, coordinating, and executing all corporate events scheduled at the Barn; attends Barn events (flexibility required for off-hour events).
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and executing associate appreciation lunches, service award lunches, special celebrations (ex. milestones, WUSA 25th anniversary), Oktoberfest, etc.
- Assists in the planning, coordinating, and executing of the annual Christmas parties for children and adults.
- Organizes travel including air, ground transportation, and hotels for a variety of associates across many departments, as well as for customers and special guests.
- Assists with training department co-ops; assigns work as necessary.
- Works closely with various departments to ensure smooth coordination of events and timely communications are created and circulated.
- Assists with creating “How To” documents, event budgets, tracking expenses, and providing event reconciliations to the manager on a regular basis. Continually evaluates opportunities for efficiencies, cost savings, and cost containment.
- Runs errands for Executive Office/Events Team as required and researches best practices for continued event success.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related and progressive work experience in corporate event planning/coordinating.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Able to deal with sensitive information while maintaining extreme confidentiality.
- Willingness to learn, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle.
- Proven organizational and time management skills in order to meet multiple deadlines with strict timelines.
The Napoleon Group of Companies is committed to fair and accessible employment practices that attract and retain Associates with disabilities. This includes providing accessibility across all stages of the employment cycle. Accommodation is available upon request.
We thank you for your interest in The Napoleon Group of Companies and for participating in our competition. Only those candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.