JOB POST #2966-2022
Industrial Sewer – Afternoon ShiftDate Posted: April 21st, 2022 Date Closing: May 6th, 2022
Under the supervision of the Operations Manager and the Production Supervisor the
position performs a variety of sewing functions. These duties include but are not limited
to reading specs, sewing filter bags according to the specification sheets, and
examining filter bags to ensure they meet Albarrie quality standards.
➢ Completion of Ontario Secondary School Diploma (or equivalent if studied in a
different Country or Province)
➢ 0-3 months knowledge of Albarrie fabrics
➢ 0-3 months knowledge of sewing techniques
➢ 0-3 months knowledge of various sewing machines
➢ 0-3 months knowledge of reading specifications sheets
➢ 0-3 months knowledge of sewing filter bags
Skills and Abilities Essential:
➢ Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with employees and
managers as part of a team
➢ Problem solving skills in order to resolve conflicts and problems
➢ Excellent interpersonal skills in order to maintain and excellent rapport with coworkers
➢ Detail oriented and excellent organizational and mutli-tasking skills
➢ Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous
➢ Ability to remain stationary at a sewing machine for extended periods of time
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Reviews and interprets specification sheets prior to performing sewing tasks.
2. Operates single, double or multi-needle serging, flat bed felling, banding and
other sewing machines, to join sections of filter bags.
3. Prepares machine by changing needles and thread; securing attachments.
4. Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle.
5. Inspects filter bags upon completion to ensure they meet Albarrie quality
6. Repairs returned filter bags from customers as per specs.
7. Prepares rush orders for customers as prioritized by the Sewing Team Leader or
8. Resolves assembly problems by altering dimensions to meet specifications;
notifying the Sewing Team Leader to obtain additional resources.
9. Documents actions by completing production and quality logs on a daily basis.
10. Maintains complete knowledge of and comply with company and departmental
policies, procedures and standards.
11. Maintains client and company confidence by keeping information confidential and
12. Maintains a positive working relationship with team members and management
in a team environment