JOB POST #3880-2023
IT/Programmer – summer & fall/winter positionsDate Posted: February 1st, 2023 Date Closing: December 23rd, 2023
Location: Scales Nature Park
Duration: Varies with position, minimum 8 weeks with extension up to one year internship possible
Salary: Varies depending on the position and funding. At or slightly above minimum wage.
Duties will vary with the nature of each position, but will include:
- Develop and test custom applications including scripted Google Suite templates, relational databases and Android mobile applications for wildlife conservation purposes including citizen science and researcher data collection
- Work with senior staff to identify information technology gaps that may be addressed within available resources and skills to improve operations
- Research hardware and software solutions to identify needs
- Work with staff and volunteers to test applications, listen to feedback, and debug
- Train staff and volunteers to use new applications, and assist them with issues
- Ensure completed work and work-in-progress is stored and backed up as required
- Participate in field work or other facility operations as time allows to better understand project needs
- Familiarity with relevant software, Linux, web UI frameworks, GitHub, etc.
- Knowledge of Mongo DB and cybersecurity best practices is required
- Experience developing mobile apps for Android is required
- Ability to stay highly organized, task switch and prioritize conflicting goals
- Proven time management and skills, strong written and oral communication skills
- Internal motivation and the ability to work without supervision
- Positive attitude and commitment to conservation
- Ability to work and thrive as part of a close-knit team in challenging situations with a positive attitude
Accommodations (shared) may be available on-site (quad or double bunk room).
How to Apply:To apply: Please complete the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/DX1QdmWCbx2pvFyi6. At the conclusion of the questionnaire, you will be prompted to upload a resume, cover letter, and references as a single PDF file, 4 pages or less. Resumes will be reviewed beginning March 1, but applications will continue to be accepted after that.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3880-2023