JOB POST #2402-2021
Mechanic PositionDate Posted: December 2nd, 2021 Date Closing: January 31st, 2022
About the Opportunity: MVT Canadian Bus Inc., proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a brand new $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract. The team at MVT is committed to being a company that makes a difference in people’s lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
Our Barrie Transit team is seeking full-time Mechanics to perform preventative maintenance, diagnosis, service and repair on Transit Buses, Specialized Buses, Route Supervisors Vehicles and Service Truck to meet Company, Contractual and Ministry of Transportation of Ontario requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Ontario Truck and Coach Technician Certificate (310 T)
- A valid Automotive Repair (S) Mechanic’s certificate (preferred)
- A valid C or B Ontario Driver’s License with Z (Airbrakes) endorsement and acceptable driving record
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in preventative maintenance practices within the bus industry
- Possess three (3) year’s driving experience and an acceptable driving record
- Flexible to various shifts including days, weekends, holidays and evenings
Able to pass a Criminal Background Check
How to Apply:Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter via email (email@example.com), fax (705-726-0103), in person (133 Welham Road, Barrie, ON) or online (careers.mvtransit.com). Please note, due to the high volume of applications received, MVT will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #2402-2021