JOB POST #2989-2022
Personal Support WorkerDate Posted: April 27th, 2022 Date Closing: May 27th, 2022
Are you a Personal Support Worker that has a passion for making a difference?
At Mill Creek Care Centre we are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values – a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
At Mill Creek Care Centre, we are passionate about providing compassionate care for families’ loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused philosophy, Participation ~ Excellence ~ Openness ~ Performance ~ Longevity ~ Efficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
A day in the role of a Personal Support Worker at Mill Creek Care Centre.
As a Personal Support Worker at Mill Creek Care Centre, you will enhance restorative care by promoting independence and activities of daily living. A Personal Support Worker also enhances the therapeutic effects of the bathing process and provides the resident with an environment and bathing options, which meet their needs and add to their quality of life.
Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor, a Personal Support Worker provides personal care, reports changes in resident status and documents where applicable. Personal Support Workers also work closely with the Nursing Restorative Therapist (NRT).
This position is responsible for but not limited to:
- Performs a wide variety of tasks that include providing assistance with personal care and activities of daily living for residents
- Provides direction and guidance to residents in the provision of activities of daily living as per their plan of care, ensuring to maximize their independence and allowing for choice and self-determination of their care.
- Monitor resident’s wellbeing and report changes in their physical, emotional conditions to registered staff.
- Responsible for accurate documentation on the residents for each shift adhering to relevant policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the home including the Code of Conduct and …
- Maintain effective and professional communication with residents, Families and fellow coworkers
- Promote the Vision, Mission and Values as well as Residents Bill of Rights
- Maintain a quality focus in all things
- Ensure the health and safety of residents, families and co workers
- Other Duties as assigned and or indicated in Job Task Inventory
At Mill Creek Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. We use them to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family at Mill Creek Care Centre are as follows:
- PSW Certification from a program that is at least six hundred (600) hours in duration counting both class time and practical experience.
- The PSW program must meet the vocational standards established by Ministry of Training, Colleges or University or the standards established by the National Association of Career Colleges or the standards established by the Ontario Community Support Association
- An RN or RPN who in the opinion of the Director of Nursing has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a Personal Support Worker.
- A student who is enrolled in an educational program for RN or RPN and who in the opinion of the Director of Nursing has adequate skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a Personal Support Worker.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Good interpersonal skills
- Must have a clear vulnerable sector screen, no older than 6 months, TB test results less than 6 months old, must be able to provide three supervisory references.
- Mill Creek Care Centre recognizes the importance of immunization to protect our residents, staff and others from COVID-19. As such, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, it will be a condition of employment that all new hires are fully vaccinated having received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine and a booster approved by Health Canada, 14 days before start date.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees and candidates with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees and candidates are required to notify their Director/Manager/Supervisor or Hiring Manager if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
How to Apply:Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #2989-2022