JOB POST #3440-2022
Production Operator – Days and/or Afternoon ShiftDate Posted: September 23rd, 2022 Date Closing: October 31st, 2022
ERIKS North America
ERIKS is a leading international industrial service provider that offers a wide range of technical products, co-engineering, and customized solutions, as well as related services. We help customers in a variety of industrial segments to improve their products’ performance and reduce their total cost of ownership. Our technical know-how is the basis of our specialism. We have built up deep expertise in the areas of gaskets, industrial & hydraulic hoses, conveying systems and more. We supply A-brands as well as manufacture our own products. Our skilled colleagues serve customers in their original equipment manufacturing (OEM) and maintenance, repair, and overhaul operations (MRO). ERIKS has a strong and established position in North America. For more information, please visit www.ERIKSNA.com.
Position: Production Operator – (2) Day position (2) Afternoon position
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Job Location: Collingwood Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
This position will be responsible for performing various manufacturing roles within the Collingwood Goodall plant involving the manufacture of extruded tube, braided reinforced industrial rubber hose and assemblies.
- Set up and operate production equipment as per ISO General Practice Specifications (GPS) and per shop floor traveler specifications and instructions.
- Production equipment may include extruders, wire winders, calendar mills, slitters, braiders, wrapping/ unwrapping equipment, pole on, pole off equipment, large overhead cranes and lifting devices, brand embossing equipment, crimping equipment, hydrostatic testing equipment, and identification tagging equipment.
- Performs all product testing and measurements to quality standards as per ISO GPS and shop floor traveler and records on shop floor traveler for specific role being performed
- Operates other mechanical equipment, such as grinders, industrial cutoff saws, hand tools, forklifts, smaller overhead cranes/lifting devices
- Makes recommendations to management with respect to product and process improvements
- Performs other related duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Requires a proficiency in math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in units of measure. Additionally, must be able to perform calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Good to excellent mechanical skills/aptitude including the use of hand tools and set up of equipment both mechanically and electronically.
- Measurement and monitoring skills require the use of dial gauges, vernier calipers, hose tape measures, digital and analog readouts for temperature, speed, thickness, pressure, time.
- Basic computer skills including; MS Word, Excel, internet and email
- The ability to pull, push, grasp, bend, lift and carry up to 65lbs on a regular basis.
- Body positions may include; Standing, sitting, bending, climbing ,squatting, kneeling, reaching and walking
- Body Movements: Lifting, carrying, use of hands, vision, arms, legs, and back.
- Shift work may be required
- 1-3 years production experience in an industrial manufacturing setting, preferably in a rubber products environment
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred but consideration will be given to those possessing the requisite industrial experience
- Competitive compensation plan
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.