JOB POST #2940-2022
Shipping and Receiving Clerk – Bradford Greenhouses Ltd.Date Posted: April 7th, 2022 Date Closing: May 31st, 2022
Here we GROW again! Bradford Greenhouses is looking for someone to join our Warehouse team at our Barrie retail location! If you are organized, enjoy solving problems, like working in a team, and have a high focus on customer service, this is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk performs daily delivery, order fulfillment, packaging, receiving, and shipment of packages. They will be responsible for the accurate and seamless reception and processing of incoming shipments. They must load and unload shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of incoming shipments to verify contents and quality, and may be required to assist in the scheduling of freight appointments. The Shipping and Receiving Clerk must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of incoming/outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Prepare receiving dock to accept incoming product
- Match product with purchase orders
- Verify received product expiration codes
- Inspect product to ensure saleable condition with acceptable code dating
- Operate a Forklift or Electric Pallet Jack in a safe manner to move received product
- Maintain a safe work environment
- May be required to assist with scheduling freight appointments
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Create a daily shipment schedule.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain organized work area according to policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Ability to perform repetitive heavy lifting.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe lifting methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel and e-mail.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel may be required.
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Work is performed in a combination of environments.
- Working in warm, humid conditions at times.
- This position may be exposed to elements such as noise, dust, odours, fumes and oils.
How to Apply:Apply online here: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=621c7ea0-ae57-406e-bdcc-16af9101c273&ccId=19000101_000001&lang=en_CA
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #2940-2022