JOB POST #2849-2022
Skilled LabourDate Posted: March 14th, 2022 Date Closing: April 29th, 2022
We’re Looking for More Team Members!
Are you looking for work in a positive and healthy construction environment? Do you want to feel like part of a team where your ideas and contributions are valued? Are you tired of draining your time in a toxic workplace and ready to grow with a company long-term?
At Canadian Waterfront Services our vision is to change the construction stereotype. Everything from the way we treat our employees and customers, to how we show up and perform our work, to our materials and equipment, our goal is to leave things in better condition than we found them.
We love what we do so if this sounds like something you want to be a part of then we want to hear from you!!
Who is Canadian Waterfront Services?
CWS is a fast-growing waterfront construction company based in Hillsdale, ON with much of our work being seen across the shores of Georgian Bay. We offer comprehensive waterfront construction services from floating dock systems, boathouses, steel shore work, and landscaping to full concept construction. We are certified installers for Almita Helical Screw Piles and the exclusive NyDock Floating Docks dealer for Georgian Bay and surrounding inland lakes. We pride ourselves on a team focused work environment, quality of work and strong client relationships.
Detail Overview of Responsibilities:
1. Positive Team Player
- Work safely and in a responsible manner, with eager participation and initiative.
- Demonstrate continuous personal growth and goal achievement.
- Participate actively in regular team meetings.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations and local health and safety regulations.
- Always wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Communicate to customers in polite and courteous manner.
- Maintain standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, job sites, and shop/yard areas.
2. Efficiently Produce Work
- Operate heavy equipment (skid steers, excavators, cranes, trucks, trailers etc)
- Capable of basic grading, landscaping and site preparation.
- Read and interpret construction drawings.
- Understanding of waterfront-specific construction and limitations (docks, decks, boathouses, cottages, shoreline work, etc)
- Able to work outdoors, in all weather conditions, for up to 9 hours daily.
- Able to lift up to 50lbs repeatedly.
- Reliable transportation to Hillsdale ON.
- Experience with rough or finish carpentry.
- Experience with traditional construction practices.
- Familiar with Georgian Bay and inland lake waterways.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning daily.
- Record details of daily activities as per time tracking sheet provided to assist with project accounting and allocation.
Key Success Behaviours, Skills and Requirements:
- Aligned with CWS Values.
- Team player who can take initiative.
- Optimistic attitude and willingness to learn new skills
- Detail oriented and willing to take extra time to do work the best/right way, not the fastest.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Driven to improve efficiencies, with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written in English).
- Demonstrate competency in materials, methods, tools, equipment, and techniques required to complete required tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Willing to follow instructions from Crew lead, Site supervisor or Project managers as required.
- 3 years construction labour experience
- WHMIS certified
- OH&S certified
- Boat license as *asset
- AR or AZ license
This position is required to work primarily outdoors and, as such, may be exposed to various conditions including but not limited to rain, snow, extreme hot or cold temperatures, humidity, dust, and noise. Work will occur near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis.
Being a waterfront construction company also means that sometimes it will be necessary for the employee to work while submersed in the water in a variety of conditions including but not limited to waves, wind, deep water, and ice. Work may occur on steep embankments with difficult shoreline access, and we also operate from boat, barges, and other marine equipment.
Some of the time will be spent working inside a concrete-floor warehouse and driving for extended periods.
Although rare, it is possible that some projects may involve contact with chemicals or hazardous materials.
This position will be required to work evening or weekends to support jobs behind schedule.
- Employee will be required to assist with repetitive lifting of up to 50lbs for some projects.
- Employee will be expected to climb stairs and ladders, lift above head, walk, and stand for extended periods of time, squat, and kneel, as part of this position.
Vision and Hearing Requirements:
- As a Skilled Labourer, the employee is required to have the ability to use sharp hand and electric tools, take measurements, judge distances, and operate all equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
- Employee may occasionally be expected to make quick decisions and problem solve issues related to general construction.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$23.00 per hour
How to Apply:Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #2849-2022