JOB POST #2697-2022
Supply Educator/AssistantDate Posted: February 10th, 2022 Date Closing: February 28th, 2022
Job Description – Supply Educator/Assistant
Supply staff play an important role in helping full time staff achieve their program goals.
- Holder of a valid standard First Aid and CPR-C certificate.
- Up to date Immunization
- Current tb test
- Doctor note saying fit to work.
- Clean Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Over 18 years of age
- Be able to follow a time schedule promptly
- Carry out new assignments with minimal direction and show initiative
- Flexible personality
- Ability to maintain control in frustrating situations.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others
- Ability to effectively communicate with children, parents, staff, and Supervisor
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Ability to carry/lift children and carry/lift/move moderately heavy items.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and work at the height of the children
- Willingness to work in conditions involving exposure to: bodily fluids, infectious diseases, frequent high noise levels and occasional inclement weather.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Role for supply staff includes, but is not limited to:
- Interact with children to provide support and care
- Support classroom staff
- Participate in play activities
- Remain alert to children’s needs to reinforce positive behaviour and to develop quality interaction between children
- Assist children in routine procedures such as eating, dressing, toileting, etc.
- Assist in changing and feeding of toddlers
- Assist with the upkeep of playroom equipment, toys, laundry, tidying, etc.
- Assist in the set-up of creative and outdoor play materials
- Participate in cleaning and sanitizing of play spaces and materials
- Assist in supervision of the playground
- Participate in fire drills and emergency drills
- Attend staff meetings and training sessions as well as professional development workshops and conferences
- Be available for unexpected shift changes
How to Apply:please submit resumes to email@example.com Please use JOB POST #2697-2022 in the Subject line
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #2697-2022