JOB POST #2853-2022
Trivia Host in Downtown Barrie (ON) – Casual / Part-Time / Evenings and WeekendsDate Posted: March 17th, 2022 Date Closing: April 29th, 2022
Host for Bar Trivia Events in Downtown Barrie
Type: Casual/Part-time job is located in Downtown Barrie (ON).
Work schedule: Must be available evenings and weekends.
Job Starts: ASAP
Tipsy Trivia is based out of Alberta but your team leader will be located in Ontario.
Tipsy Trivia is looking for individuals that enjoy trivia, music, movies and have a knack for entertaining others! If you fit this description, we have an opportunity for you to make extra money while hanging out with awesome people in a fun and relaxed setting.
- Greet, check-in, and interact with trivia participants, bar patrons, and bar staff/management
- Deliver the trivia content prepared and provided ahead of time by your Tipsy Trivia team lead
- Make various announcements such as bar promos and upcoming events during the Tipsy Trivia event
- Manage the flow of the event and entertain your participants
- Minor admin work at the end of the event consisting of a simple checklist
- Communicate with your team lead before, during, and after the event thus having access to a smartphone is a must
- Social media engagement prior to the event and after to boost your following as a host and to increase the overall online exposure
- Show up at the venue on time and ready to entertain thus having access to a vehicle and/or reliable transportation is a must
- Access to a laptop (preferred but not essential)
- Excellent public speaking and communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sales and marketing-minded
- Organized, dependable, and punctual
- Experience as an emcee / DJ / tour guide / stand-up comedian or any other art form that requires presenting in front of a crowd and entertain
- Tech-savviness or being comfortable with technology as in some cases the use of a pc, mic, smart tv is required and some troubleshooting may be needed
- Continuous improvement
- Trust by default
- Growth mindset
- Practice kindness
Our responsibility to you
- We provide a fun, professional, and safe work environment
- Equal opportunity and inclusion
- High transparency
- An opportunity for intellectual and personal enrichment
- Community involvement
- Clear management practices and procedures
- Support and feedback on your performance
- Recognition for your contributions
We provide thorough training and a generous grace period but we do value a speedy onboarding. The team is fully remote, our day-to-day work environment is based on high trust, relies on respect, and encourages asynchronous communication.