JOB POST #2879-2022
Office AdministratorDate Posted: March 25th, 2022 Date Closing: April 15th, 2022
A Consulting Engineering Firm is looking for an Office Administrator to join their Engineering team in the Barrie location. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining billing database to ensure operational effectiveness as well as providing excellent customer service to all clients and employees in an efficient manner while adhering to all policies, procedures and guidelines.
In addition, some word processing, and organization assistance to our team of Engineers as well as provide Switchboard relief will be required.
The position requires a high degree of judgment, ability to communicate with various stakeholders, and maintain confidentiality on highly sensitive matters. You will also need to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility and thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accuracy and reliability of work performed.
- Synchronizing and editing weekly timesheets and reconciling charges
- Capture and enter billing transactions into billing system for timely month end billing process
- Main point of contact in reviewing invoicing requirements and ensuring changes are made when required (adding, deleting and making changes to customer location detail, billing rules, rates)
- Maintain billing database and structures to ensure all information is updated for accurate and timely customer invoice processing
- Printing, sorting, emailing and distribution of invoices to customers in a timely manner
- Following up with Operations and other departments for all necessary information required for data entry
- Liaising with Operations and other departments for any additional invoicing clarifications requested by the customer
- Ensuring all reports are completed effectively and accurately to adhere to designated deadlines
- Maintain electronic and hard copy file systems
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, or previous versions
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format
Qualifications and Experience
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on customer service
- Technically savvy, with advanced proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Excellent organization, problem solving, and decision making skills with a strong attention to detail; able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven ability to successfully interact with all levels in an organization, including members of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee
- Willing to work the required hours to deliver results which may include longer hours and overtime, on occasion