JOB POST #2579-2022
Personal Support WorkerDate Posted: January 13th, 2022 Date Closing: May 31st, 2022
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR PSW’s (PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKERS)
Stay Home Forever is a family owned and operated care company focused on home healthcare in the community, long-term care and seniors’ retirement living. We provide private one on one services to seniors who wish to live in their own home and have additional support.
Apply now if you would like to join our team of dedicated individuals who share a common goal of helping seniors Stay Home Forever. Work part-time or full-time around your hours. Our goal is to help our aging elders remain in their homes with dignity, compassion and exemplary care and to have our team members enjoy a sense of accomplishment knowing they are assisting the most vulnerable live their best lives.
About the job:
As a PSW you will provide the highest quality of care to your clients. Your job involves providing personal care to clients living in their homes including grooming, bathing, dressing, and toileting and meal preparation. You may also be asked to perform some light housekeeping, and companionship or emotional support. You are comfortable traveling to and from client’s homes throughout the day within the community.
Our ideal candidate:
- A compassionate, hardworking individual with a passion for working with seniors and the most vulnerable
- An independent honest worker who will put the client’s needs first
- A positive person who will empower others to reach their full potential
You are good at:
- Connecting with older adults
- Maintaining integrity, trust and professionalism
- Motivating and encouraging others
- Problem solving challenges and obstacles
- Teamwork and communication
- Fostering a safe environment
- Experience working as a PSW (home-care preferred but not required)
- Current Immunization Records
- Fluency in both verbal and written English
- Criminal background check including vulnerable sector
One of these following designations:
- Ontario Certified Personal Support Worker (PSW) Certificate
- Home Support Worker (Level 2 or 3). Health Care Aide or PA+2
- Registered Nurse (RN)/Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) Certificate (domestic or foreign trained)
- RN & RPN student. Will require a minimum successful completion of year one
- Developmental Support Worker (DSW) Certification
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!