JOB POST #4075-2023
Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist (Part-Time)Date Posted: March 21st, 2023 Date Closing: April 7th, 2023
Location: Barrie, ON
Deadline: April 7, 2023
We are a premier Landscape Architects, Consulting Arborists & Urban Forestry firm serving Barrie and south-Central Ontario since 2007. Celebrating over 15 years in business, we pride ourselves on our ability to deliver superior services to our clients. Visit our website at www.LEGroupLtd.com and get to know us.
As our office Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounts receivable functions including invoicing clients in a timely manner in coordination with deliverables, receiving payments (cheque, e-transfer, Visa) and provide essential support for this important task. The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive training and experience with QuickBooks, knowledge of time tracking software (Harvest), be familiar and proficient with email and telephone collections. This position offers employment in a bright office setting with other skilled and professional employees all working as a team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Accounts Receivable & Billing Specialist-Part Time
- Maintain precise records of all incoming payments;
- Prepare and send invoices to clients;
- Contact clients as needed to ensure payment of outstanding invoices, manage collection efforts and associated functions;
- Reconcile and settle any irregularities in receipts;
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy as they relate to the organization, clients, staff and finances;
- Work collaboratively and effectively with collections agencies as required;
- Work collaboratively with other accounts payable and accounting staff to ensure accuracy in finances;
- Audit all receipts on a determined schedule to ensure accuracy in accounting and prepare required reconciliations in a timely manner;
- Generate and deliver reports to various departments as required;
- Actively investigate and resolve irregularities in both incoming and outgoing financial transactions;
- Assist with office expense tracking and expenditures;
- Assist with office filing system and office document organization ensuring that bookkeeping and financial records are up-to-date and complete; as well as filing and reconciling receipts;
- May be required to communicate with bookkeeping, accounting & tax professionals as necessary to complete job duties;
- Attend weekly/regular meetings to report assigned tasks and work progress updates, understand priorities & review schedule;
- Provide clerical support with proposals, contracts, amendments, waivers and other related documents, as required;
- Performs other duties and/or projects assigned by Principal;
- Be an effective and positive team player and flexible in adjusting to changing work priorities.
Required Qualification & Experience:
In order to achieve these responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate will need to demonstrate experience or possess the following skillsets.
- Minimum Certificate or Diploma in accounting or related field or proven equivalent experience;
- Comprehensive, working knowledge of Quick Books applications software, desktop version;
- 2-3 years experience in collections, invoicing or accounts receivable is essential;
- Proficiency in Office Suite software applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic Filing;
- Proficiency with Harvest Time Tracking software is considered an asset;
- This position requires strong attention to accuracy and detail;
- Professional interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal with an ability to be assertive; and comfortable communicating in all types of situations;
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Outstanding organizational time management, prioritization and execution skills, paying special attention to company deadlines; Proven ability to be flexible, adapt quickly and manage multiple tasks;
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices to effectively implement company policies;
- Have a valid Drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle;
- Possess a positive attitude, demeanor and team player outlook while maintaining a professional image with all employees/coworkers, management, clients and visitors at all times;
Job Type: Part time and located in-office.
Salary: Commensurate with experience and training.
Scheduling can be arranged within 8:30-4:30 pm Monday to Friday
- Personal protective equipment provided, as required
- Social distancing guidelines in place, as required
We offer competitive hourly rate that commensurate with experience, support with continuing education opportunities and values a work/life balance. Our positive open-door office atmosphere along with the collective talents of our capable staff assists in providing a supportive work environment. Landmark Environmental Group Ltd. succeeds on the exceptional abilities that their employees possess and is pleased to encourage the goals and aspirations of its team members.