JOB POST #3241-2022
Apprentice 310T Truck MechanicDate Posted: August 10th, 2022 Date Closing: August 19th, 2022
MILLER WASTE SYSTEMS – HILLSDALE
Title: Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician – Afternoon Shift Reporting to: Lead Hand
Shift Hours: 3:00pm – 12:00am, (Monday – Friday)
Start Date: ASAP
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management and diversion, providing governments and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has over 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector, and currently operates out of more than 30 locations. We are looking for a highly capable Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician to be located out of our Hillsdale location in Ontario.
Miller Waste Systems is looking for an Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician with 2+ years of experience in the heavy truck/transportation industry and with 2+ years of heavy truck repair experience. A collaborative but strong nature is essential, and the applicant’s background in parts and maintenance and the transportation industry will allow them to succeed and grow within Miller Waste.
In the position of Apprentice 310T Truck & Coach Technician your responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Must adhere to Miller Waste System safety protocols and must be familiar with occupational Health & Safety Act.
- The servicing of all Company vehicles.
- Repair waste vehicles and trucks, including hydraulics and electrical as well as shop maintenance.
- Conduct vehicle maintenance according to established MWS policies and procedures.
- Maintain all required records and files for vehicle maintenance.
- Will also be required to clean the shop, paint rims, and generally maintain the appearance of the equipment.
The successful applicant will be comfortable with prioritization, planning, coordination, and organization, with an ability to respond and adapt in changing, high pressure environments. This individual will be able to assess problem situations, recognize issues, and use judgment to create solutions that meet required standards.
- Successful candidates will be mechanically inclined and possess a strong work ethic.
- Should possess a strong desire to learn and an ability to apply that knowledge during their daily duties.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment is key as well as working in a team environment.
- The applicant will be required to enrol in, and successfully complete, the 310T Apprenticeship program.
- You must be available to work late when trucks are behind schedule, as well you may be required to work weekends and holidays.
Flexibility is also required as this position occasionally requires travel, early starts, late finishes and, on rare occasions, weekend work.
All Miller Waste Systems Employees must comply with the companies COVID-19 policy and protocols.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We are committed to providing person with disabilities with equal opportunities and standards of goods and services and are fully compliant with applicable provincial Disabilities Acts.
Miller Waste Systems strives to be ‘only the best’. As a privately owned and operated Waste Company we have 50 years experience of providing quality service to all our customers. We have been successful in achieving this goal by providing a family and employee centric environment at all our locations. By providing an industry leading work environment and compensation, benefits, and pension programs, Miller Waste continues to grow our business.