JOB POST #4253-2023
Bus Wash TechnicianDate Posted: May 17th, 2023 Date Closing: June 12th, 2023
About MVT: MVT Canadian Bus, Inc. proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract. The team at MVT is committed to being a company that makes a difference in people\’s lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
Our Barrie Transit team is seeking a full-time Bus Wash Technician. The Bus Wash Technician is responsible for the overall interior and external cleanliness of Transit Buses, Specialized Buses, Route Supervisors Vehicles and Service Trucks. The Bus Wash Technician must ensure the availability of clean and fueled vehicles to meet service requirements in accordance with Company and client contract standards.
The Bus wash Technician works in a workshop/garage environment with occasional visits to the field and requires the following physical activities: long periods of standing, walking, crouching and bending, considerable use of arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and moving the whole body such as climbing, lifting, walking, handling of equipment and materials and wearing protective safety harnesses where required. The Bus Wash Technician occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is exposed to wet and/or humid conditions as well as adverse weather conditions. The Bus Wash Technician at all times must wear protective eye wear, safety gloves, safety shoes and any other PPE deemed necessary.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid Ontario B or C license with Z (Airbrake) endorsement
- Professional driving experience and an acceptable driving record
- Two (2) years\’ relevant experience preferred or any equivalent combination of education and job experience (as determined by the Company)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, products and equipment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System
- Ability to read and understand labels and instructions, particularly on the use and application of cleaning chemicals and products
- Ability to safely operate a variety of cleaning equipment
- Ability to safely operate a variety of Company vehicles
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, flexible hours and off days
- Ability to work independently and objectively with little or no supervision
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to plan ahead and schedule work
Benefits of Working at MVT:
- An opportunity to work close to home and minimize your commute time
- Challenging and rewarding work providing safe transport to members of the public
- Ability to work independently in a state-of-the-art facility
- A variety of work schedules (we operate 7 days a week)
- Paid training
- Company paid uniforms
- Employee Discounts with local businesses
- RRSP, benefits and paid vacation
- Room for growth/advancement
How to Apply:How to Apply: Interested applicants please apply online: www.mvcareers.com. Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, MVT will only contact those applicants who have been shortlisted. MVT is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #4253-2023