JOB POST #2621-2022
Care and Treatment Worker – NightsDate Posted: January 20th, 2022 Date Closing: January 24th, 2022
New Path Youth and Family Services of Simcoe County is an accredited children’s mental health agency providing a range of compassionate, innovative and accessible services for children, youth and their families throughout Simcoe County.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide overnight awake coverage in the Live-in Treatment house(s). This position supports youth and their families who are experiencing significant social, emotional, and behavioural problems in an intensive 24-hour therapeutic setting.
1. Secondary school diploma.
2. Six (6) months experience working with youth.
3. Experience working in therapeutic environment is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Youth and family focused; aligns own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization.
2. Advocates for youth and family engagement.
3. Takes personal responsibility for enhancing individual and team performance.
4. Approaches problems from a solutions based perspective by reviewing the viable alternatives and determining the best course of action.
5. Responsible for ensuring client’s health, safety and physical presence in the home including completion of nightly bed checks for each client.
6. Perform all nightly duties including food preparation for the next day, rotating cleaning duties, clerical tasks (written logs/shift change/emails) and general organization of the home.
7. Recognizes, initiates and adapts to changing conditions and situations in the workplace. Models positive change.
8. Embraces a diverse and multi-disciplinary culture.
9. Competency and effective use of Microsoft Office systems.
10. Confident, articulate and professional when communicating and presenting verbally and in writing.
11. French language is an asset.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Required to work overnight awake shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
2. Must be able to effectively deliver crisis intervention using a Ministry approved training program including physical techniques. Training will be provided.
3. Willingness to travel using agency vehicle. Must have valid driver’s license with minimum G2.