JOB POST #2968-2022
Control Panel TesterDate Posted: April 21st, 2022 Date Closing: April 29th, 2022
Are you an Electrical Engineering Technician looking to work for a world-renown local manufacturer? Or maybe you’re a recent graduate with an electrical or electronic diploma wanting to join a growing company. If this describes you and if you’re willing to learn, are organized, team-oriented, disciplined and have a positive attitude, then your search could be over. Our CONTROL PANEL TESTER position could be the job you’ve been looking for!
In this role, you will be part of the electrical department team focused on the assembly of door controllers and operators, plant electrical maintenance and electrical product development. You will interpret detailed electrical circuit schematics/wiring diagrams, work with various hand tools and measuring equipment, and adhere to electrical safety code of conduct. This role requires impeccable attention to detail and strong teamwork skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and understand drawings, wiring schematics, and work orders and review Bill of Materials (BOMs) for wiring/layout control panels and any other components.
- Lay out, wire and assemble panel to finish, installing all necessary options as detailed, using hand and power tools.
- Terminate wires followed by point-to-point testing.
- Conduct final test procedures on finished product and document results.
- Adhere to current electrical legislation.
- Perform daily operator maintenance checks on equipment and report concerns.
- Inform Supervisor of all stock shortages, quality and downtime issues.
- Identify and document improvement opportunities using established processes.
- Perform documented quality assurance inspections.
- Implement and maintain 5S housekeeping principles at all times.
- Work with engineering in the preparation of estimates, schedules, budget specifications and reports.
- Follow through Design Verification process and collect data as described by the engineering team. This may require analysis of data collection and recognizing trends.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks and troubleshoot equipment electrical issues.
- Follow company policies and procedures as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Formal electrical training (i.e. Electrical Engineering Technician diploma)
- Prior experience in a production environment (fast paced manufacturing environment preferred)
- Panel fabrication experience in a similar industry preferred
- Manufacturing maintenance experience would be an asset
Hours of work – 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (7:30 am to 4:00 pm)
Salary – to commensurate with experience
Benefits – active after probationary period
Other perks – available as requirements are met (annual bonus, 3% RRSP contribution match, training tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, 3 weeks paid vacation after 3 years, etc).