JOB POST #4117-2023
CookDate Posted: April 10th, 2023 Date Closing: April 30th, 2023
If you’re passionate about being a part of a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovation and growth, then join us!
We are seeking a permanent full time Cook at the Aspira Barrieview Retirement Living!
The Cook is a critical role within our communities as it impacts the lives of residents and ignites the warmth of human connection.
As a Cook your typical day will impact in the following ways:
• Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
• Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu document as provided.
• Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
• Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises team leader of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
• In the absence of the team leader, assumes responsibility for departmental operations including menu changes as necessary, requisitions and purchases food and other supplies from authorized suppliers.
• Assisting in the orientation and training of new team members.
• Attends in-service meetings.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Grade 12 minimum education required.
• Graduate of a recognized college food preparation program and willing to Red Seal certify.
• One year experience in volume food preparation, catering and special events preparation.
• A valid Safe Food Handling Certificate and Smart Serve certificate.
• Demonstrates a positive attitude necessary to meet the goals and standards of the residence.
• All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
Bonus Points for having:
• Experience in large quantity food preparation and cooking in Health, Long Term Care, or Retirement Residence is preferred.
• Red Seal Designation preferred.
Act upon your desire to help others and Join Sienna Senior Living as we continue to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Sienna Senior Living is committed to employment equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace. In accordance with provincial regulations, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection, and assessment process.
How to Apply:Please email your resume or ask for more information to email@example.com
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #4117-2023