JOB POST #3017-2022
Cooks/Bakers/Kitchen Helpers- Cadet Camp, BordenDate Posted: May 9th, 2022 Date Closing: June 13th, 2022
Why work with ESS Support Services? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We work with clients in the oil and gas, mining, construction, coastal logging, military and defense sectors. Coverage is as diverse as offshore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, to coastal logging camps in B.C., to construction camps in the Alberta Oil Sands. Facilities are located within drill camps, mining camps, construction camps, pipeline camps, oil and gas installations and correctional facilities.
Prepares food in accordance with applicable corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
This is a contract position starting mid June until August or Sep . However, there is a good possibility of getting more job opportunities if you want.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, pre-cook and/or cook food products as directed.
- Prepare “mise en place” (setting in place of foods, garnishes, sauces, dishes, cutlery, etc) and other products as required for high volume production.
- Clean kitchen equipment after use according to health and safety policies and procedures.
- Label, date, store and rotate food and beverage products in appropriate storage areas.
- Communicate effectively with all appropriate operational departments.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Cooks? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Proven cooking experience, including experience as a restaurant cook or prep cook.
- Food Safety Certification is preferred
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Police Clearance is required
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.