JOB POST #3483-2022
Coordinator, Project ManagementDate Posted: October 4th, 2022 Date Closing: October 18th, 2022
DCC is proud to be recognized by Forbes on their 2022 list of Canada’s Best Employers!
Are you a highly self-motivated professional with experience in project development or management, related to infrastructure projects?
Do you have a strong understanding of technical document preparation or review, including Statements of Work, technical drawings, and specifications?
Are you a great communicator, who is experienced in managing strategic relationships and utilizing positive negotiation tactics?
We are looking for a candidate with strong technical, interpersonal, and critical thinking skills to join our DCC team in Borden, Ontario.
The Coordinator, Project Management, will be responsible to support the development of a wide variety of infrastructure construction projects and management of professional services contract. They will work with and support a diverse Clientele representing various branches of the Canadian Armed Forces and the Canadian Forces Housing Agency. The incumbent determines Client-Partner needs, provides advice on project and contract management related items, develop scope documents, and proactively manages project development schedules.
CFB Borden is located about 20 kilometres west of the City of Barrie, in the heart of Simcoe County, one of the major tourist areas in Ontario. CFB Borden is ideally located to service personnel from all across Canada. Simcoe County is a four-season destination lying between Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe and is less than one hour north of Toronto. It boasts the longest freshwater beach in the world and has some of the best fishing, boating and skiing in all of Ontario. The Trent Severn Waterway traverses the County going through Lake Simcoe, Lake Couchiching and the Severn River, where it spills into Georgian Bay, providing a boater’s haven. For more details, please visit https://www.simcoe.ca/
KEY AND PERIODIC ACTIVITIES
The duties and responsibilities listed below are representative but not all-inclusive:
- Research, prepare and present documentation related to project initiation, development, definition and implementation, policies and procedures
- Coordinate stakeholder communications to ensure timely decision making
- Participate in procurement planning
- Generate infrastructure statements of operational requirements, prepare business cases and conduct investigations, as required
- Coordinate activities of consultants
- Act as the representative of the project director or project manager, as required and within DCC delegated signing authority
- Assist with technical studies and preparing reports
- Develop and maintain effective relationships within DCC, and with industry, the Client-Partners and/or stakeholders
- Ensure quality standards are met, in line with corporate and Client-Partner expectations
- Prepare monthly status reports
- Support and/or lead business development activities
- Manage risk
- Other duties as assigned
General and Specific Knowledge
- Best practices, methods, trends and legislation in real property, environmental and construction services
- Client-Partner project management policies and procedures
- Treasury Board Secretariat policies and procedures
- Project, contract and risk management principles
Formal Education and/or Certification(s) and Experience
- Minimum: college diploma in engineering, architecture or related field with approximately two years’ relevant experience, or the equivalent
- Preferred: university degree in one of the above fields and/or additional training or experience in project management
- Use applicable computer software and operating systems
- Apply project and risk management techniques
DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP
- Provide functional advice and guidance to employees and to Client-Partners
- Typical office environment with occasional travel
- Some work may be located on construction sites; incumbent may occasionally be required to wear basic safety equipment