JOB POST #2941-2022
Delivery Driver at Both Bradford Greenhouses Retail locationsDate Posted: April 7th, 2022 Date Closing: May 31st, 2022
Here we GROW again! Bradford Greenhouses is looking for 2 delivery drivers to join our Bradford and Barrie Retail teams! If you are customer service focused, organized, enjoy working in a team, and have a clean driver’s abstract, this opportunity could be yours!
The individual(s) in this position’s main role is to deliver both large and small products from the retail location to the residences and/or offices of our retail customers. This individual will also support the retail and office environment by delivering and/or picking up supplies as required.
Although deliveries are the primary function of this individual, the individual in this position will be expected to work in the other area(s) in the retail environment when there are no deliveries to complete.
- Customer Focus
- Energy and Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Receive delivery requests from one of the following areas Customer Service, the flower shop and/or the office.
- Review delivery schedule in Customer Service periodically throughout the day to ensure that all deliveries will be completed as committed to the customer
- Ensure product is delivered within the time frame committed to the client
- Load product into the delivery vehicle
- Retrieve maps/directions of location where delivery will occur
- Unload product and place product in accordance with the directions on the delivery receipt.
- Return undeliverable products to the appropriate area (i.e. Flower shop)
- Return all completed delivery receipts to Customer Service for tracking
- Conduct basic maintenance on delivery vehicles: gas, oil, windshield washer fluid etc…
- Clean both interior and exterior of delivery vehicles as required.
- Maintain a log of all deliveries completed, recording time of departure and time returned.
- Assist in store with various activities when deliveries are not available. This may include but is not limited to: setting up displays, moving products, assisting customers, bagging products etc…
- Ensure that all activities are being conducted with customer service in mind
- Communicate to Customer Service of any potential delivery concerns/delays so that they may be relayed to the customer.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Coordinate with other supervisors, leads, and managers to obtain maximum use of resources.
- Plan for manpower and equipment needs.
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Manage material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand.
- Provide leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development.
- Lead and participate with quality and productivity improvement initiatives.
- Identify and determine quality and productivity related problems and solutions.
- Develop team and individual employee skills and performance through the effective use of on-going coaching, training and progressive counseling.
- Coordinate and oversee employee work assignments and special project.
- Maintain and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned.
- Able to communicate in a positive manner to all customers (both internal and external)
- Current Ontario driver’s license
- Able to review the daily deliveries and conduct them in an efficient and timely manner.
- Enjoys both working in a team environment and independently
- Capable of understanding and interpreting maps
- Clean Driver’s abstract
- 3-5 years’ experience as a driver.
- preferred experience in the nursery/greenhouse industry.
- Ability to operate various types of equipment.