JOB POST #2935-2022
Direct Care Worker / Group Home WorkerDate Posted: April 6th, 2022 Date Closing: November 30th, 2022
The Blossom Group (Apple Blossom Village and Blooming Acres) is seeking a highly skilled Direct Care / Group Home Worker, to be an integral part of a busy, dynamic, and growing clinical program. We provide a home for people with complex special needs. Through our therapeutic live-in programs, we support children, youth, and adults through a range of cognitive, social and emotional issues, including Autism Spectrum Disorders, neurobiological and developmental disabilities, and those with coexisting mental health and behavioural issues.
- Our vision is a world that embraces people with complex special needs.
- Our mission is to create supportive nurturing communities that enable residents to develop to their maximum potential and enjoy an exceptional quality of life.
- To achieve our vision and mission we strive for excellence in every aspect of care and create individualized programs that are developmentally focused, family involved, relationship based, competence centered, trauma informed, and ecologically oriented.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- 1:1 support for a complex care clients in residence and out in the community, by providing behaviour management support
- Support clients to reach their full potential by building relationships, demonstrating an interest, responding to needs, negotiating focused goals and building self-esteem
- Support and follow individual plans consistently while facilitating and implementing educational, recreational, and vocational programs.
- Communicating and documenting any change in the status or needs of individual clients while maintaining positive and effective relationships with clients, their families, co-workers, and management
- Participate as a member in a team environment by promoting and maintaining professional conduct, resolving conflict, acknowledging individual differences and supporting team members and residents
- Protect self and others by maintaining a safe environment via safety inspections, emergency procedures, crisis intervention techniques and Safe Management
- Direct care of our complex clients; including feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and bowel and bladder care (for some individuals)
- Responsible for implementing programs and making suggestions for improving programming
- On-going housekeeping related duties which include, meal preparation, laundry and light clean up
- Complete necessary documentation in accordance with our Policies and Procedures, and the Ministry/QAM requirements and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends, weekdays, evenings and holidays.
Candidates must have a completed Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in the Human Services field (including, but not limited to: DSW, SSW, CYW, ECE, BSW, etc.);
Candidates who have a completed Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in an unrelated field must have 2 years full-time work experience directly supporting people;
Candidates must be available to work all shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays;
As a condition of hire, candidates must be willing to provide a current, clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening;
A valid class G driver’s license and reliable transportation are considered an asset.
We thank all interested candidates however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are also hiring at our Minesing and Oro-Medonte locations. Due to our organizations rapid growth we are continuously hiring for all positions.
***QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MUST HOLD APPROPRIATE CITIZENSHIP OR DOCUMENTS PERMITTING THEM TO RESIDE AND WORK IN CANADA***
The Blossom Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. We consider all qualified applicants and will meet the needs of those requiring reasonable accommodations.