JOB POST #3191-2022
Director of Women\’s ServicesDate Posted: July 21st, 2022 Date Closing: August 19th, 2022
Qualifications Director of Women’s Services
Location – Town of Parry Sound
Employment with the District of Parry Sound Social Services Administration Board offers an opportunity to make a positive contribution to our community. Providing caring human services, we are a forward-thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, employee growth and development, and providing exceptional service.
We are seeking a Director of Women’s Services to oversee the development and delivery of Women’s Services and Violence Against Women (VAW) programs for the DSSAB, including the Esprit Place Family Resource Centre (Emergency Shelter), Child Witness Program, and the Outreach Program.
- Successful completion of a University or college degree in a related field, such as Social Work, Indigenous Studies, Gender and Women’s Studies, Sociology, Psychology, Assaulted Women’s and Children’s Program, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, or another related field.
- Registered with and a member in good standing of the appropriate regulatory college.
- Minimum 3 years management experience.
- Experience working with women in the areas of poverty, violence and homelessness, and experience in a residential setting is an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the systemic barriers women face as it pertains to Gender Based Violence (GBV), sexism, racism, classism, colonialism, homophobia, transphobia, islamophobia, sanism, etc., and the resulting impact on the lives of their children and themselves.
- Proven ability to supervise staff who provide case management and supportive counselling from a decolonizing approach.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Harm Reduction Strategies and demonstrated experience in crisis support and ability to mediate conflict.
- Understanding of shelter services, the non-profit sector, government funded services and relevant community resources.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a 24/7 environment with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, conflict management, problem solving and team building skills.
- Strong people management skills and the ability to effectively manage, coach and develop a diverse team of talented, professional staff.
- Solid budgeting skills and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Current OPP Vulnerable Sector Check required.
- Ability to work flexible hours in a 24-hours/day, 7 days/week program as necessary, and on call emergency response.
- Knowledge and understanding of all legislation relevant to the position, i.e., Social Housing Reform Act; Mental Health Act; Landlord Tenant Act; O.W. Act, ODSP Act, etc..
- Strong computer literacy skills in a windows environment and ability to work with new computer technology.
- Valid certification in Standard First Aid, including CPR, level C.
- Ability to travel throughout the district as required.
Supervise assigned staff to ensure work is performed in compliance with legislation and Board policies and ensure staffing levels within all programs comply with the required Ministry standards.
- Train staff in coordination of case management, counselling, crisis intervention and advocacy work, while providing services from a trauma informed lens.
- Assist with the development and ongoing management of annual budget(s). Ensure that policies, procedures, and budget requirements are met.
- Oversees the WISH (Women In Safe Housing) data collection program.
- Assist in seeking out additional funding sources and preparing proposals applying for such funding and reports on the expenditures.
- Maintain quality standards of the shelter environment and programming while adhering to the shelter standards set by the funder.
Salary Range: $103,724.00 – $127,568.00 annually
Comprehensive benefit package
(Extended health care including Dental & Vision)
Paid Leaves and Vacation
OMERS Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply:Please submit cover letter & resume referencing job ID 22N-04 by August 19, 2022 Attn: Danielle Villeneuve, CHRP Manager of Human Resources 1 Beechwood Drive Parry Sound, ON P2A 1J2 Fax: (705) 751-5370 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however only those receiving an interview will be contacted. Upon request by the applicant, accommodations will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. The DSSAB welcomes and encourages candidates from First Nations, Métis and Inuit, racialized and LGBTQ2S+ communities, women, and people with disabilities. The DSSAB is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please advise the HR department accordingly.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3191-2022