JOB POST #3694-2022
Entry Level Data Center TechnicianDate Posted: November 17th, 2022 Date Closing: November 25th, 2022
Based in Ontario, DTS Comm Inc. (a division of DTS Technical) is one of North America’s premier design and implementation firms serving the telecommunications and utilities industry. Established in 2008, DTS is a privately owned company which specializes in design, end-to-end network engineering and implementation services.
Entry Level position with on-site job training available, no experience necessary.
In accordance with DTS procedures and policies, the employee is responsible for the installation and implementation of newly deployed equipment, communication and power cables. In addition, the incumbent must be able to obtain and understand information for these scheduled changes from documentation, floor plans, cable run diagrams and cabinet elevation drawings.
NOTE: Travelling to job sites may be required in and around the GTA regions.
– Installation of data center equipment, including unpacking, rack mounting of equipment
– Rack/cabinet installation, removal, prepping of rack/cabinet to accommodate new equipment/cable
– Installation, including placement, connector install and connectivity testing of RG59 Coax, Cat5 and Cat6
– Installation, connection to devices and testing of telecom fibre
– DC power cable, lug and panel installation
– Fibre raceways, cable ladder, and conduit pipe, support and unit installations
– Meeting with clients to discuss project scope and strategies
– Conduct field surveys/attend site meetings
– Input project as-built information
– Occasional maintenance window cutover shifts for service and power (00:00 to 08:30)
This position description is only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this position. The incumbent may be requested to perform tasks other than those stated in this description.
Qualifications that are not required but considered assets
– Recent graduate with Degree/Post-secondary training program in Electrical or Telecommunications Engineering
– Knowledge of data centers, equipment, architecture
– Demonstrated knowledge of electrical power, power distribution, power protection
– Understanding of network cables (fibre and copper) and connectivity experience
– Ability to interpret technical material and plans
– Microsoft Office skills, particularly with Excel, Word and Outlook
– Strong command of the English language, both spoken and written
– Strong interpersonal skills, able to clearly communicate with internal and external project teams
– Detail-oriented with solid problem solving and analytical skills
– Multi-tasking ability; adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
– Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and resolve problems independently; monitors own quality of work
– Must possess valid G license and clean driver’s abstract
– Reliable vehicle required
– Travel Requirements to work site (generally within 80km of technicians residence)
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those invited for interviews will be contacted.
DTS Comm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace. Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Only Canadian residents who are eligible to work in Canada and reside in Canada at this time will be considered. Non-residents need not apply.