JOB POST #3851-2023
Equipment & Facilities ManagerDate Posted: January 26th, 2023 Date Closing: February 25th, 2023
From the very beginning, Canplas has prioritized state-of-the-art equipment, meticulous quality testing, and a dedication to customer service. Today, Canplas manufactures high-quality plastic plumbing, ventilation, central vacuum, and grease separation products for residential and commercial buildings all over the continent.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a team of people-centric professionals with a continuous improvement focus! Innovation is central to our corporate DNA, from manufacturing processes to supply chain management, we are continually looking for areas in which we can innovate in order to better serve our customers and our growing business.
We currently have an excellent permanent opportunity as an Equipment & Facilities Manager! This role is based out of Barrie, ON. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the position is responsible for maintaining all plant equipment and the building as well as assisting with maintenance aspects of the facility. The individual will be responsible for leading the maintenance department, implementing maintenance systems/schedules, leading capital projects, overseeing work with outside contractors, and assisting with the implementation of medium-term strategic plans and continuous improvement efforts that contribute to attaining safety, quality, productivity and waste objectives.
- Schedule, train, supervise, and motivate employees in the maintenance department
- Coordinate work performed by outside vendors
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review and monitor repair cost estimates
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of equipment and parts
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are followed by the department
- Develop PM machine scheduling and ensure PM activities are being completed
- Assist in process optimization and improvement activities
- Ensure all equipment technical specifications, drawings, and equipment manuals, are maintained, updated, and in use
- To assist with all capital expenditures as related to equipment and facilities
- Purchasing of all MRO items, maintaining and storing said items
- Completion of maintenance work orders as issued by various departments
- To maintain the plant infrastructure and supporting equipment like the chillers, tower system, water treatment, air compressors, and generator, ensuring they are in proper functioning condition with all associated checks.
- To ensure the long-term benefit from investments in the facility and equipment. The workloads must be prioritized and updated weekly for machine maintenance. The incumbent estimates expense authorizations for all major machinery and facility maintenance projects and initiates all daily expenses for:
- Equipment repairs and maintenance
- Maintenance supplies
- Building repairs
- The incumbent is involved in the evaluation of all purchased manufacturing equipment. Upon receipt of purchased equipment, is accountable for scheduling of safety inspections (PHSR) installation, start-up, and movement into production mode.
- This position plays an integral role in capital and improvement projects. Â·
- Implement Industry 4.0 techniques including but not limited to automation projects, including expanding the BAS monitoring system.
- The incumbent is accountable for monitoring and initiating corrective action to ensure maintenance budgets are on target. The objective is to improve performance to standard, but not at the cost of quality, labour relations, or long-term equipment life.
- The incumbent through their work ethic must set an example by which employees are encouraged to give maximum effort.
- Directly involved in all certifications of equipment including PHSR/ESA/TSSA. Job requirements:
Qualifications & Experience
- College / University diploma in a Technical field
- Mechanical or Electrical post-secondary diploma/degree.
- 5 years’ experience in a maintenance leadership role
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications, schematics, and facility drawings
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Computer skills (Office), ability to administer BAS software (building automation system), PLC Programming, Scanner Programming
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to prepare and justify (cost and requirement analysis) for equipment and facilities AFEs as required.
- Follow all applicable standards, CSA,/ UL/ PSR/ ESA/TSSA
- Initiate MOC risk assessments on new equipment and facilities projects
Canplas Industries Ltd is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Canplas Industries Ltd positions. To request accommodation, please contact HR at email@example.com.