JOB POST #3743-2022
Landscape TechnicianDate Posted: December 16th, 2022 Date Closing: February 28th, 2023
Who Are We: We are Parklane Landscapes. We believe in connecting people with their natural environment. We work to leave every place we touch better than the way we found it and enrich lives with nature’s beauty. We believe that we should stand behind all our work knowing that the benefits of our landscapes far exceed the enjoyment of any one property owner. We are a full-service landscape company focusing on sustainable residential landscaping, servicing Lake Simcoe and the surrounding area. We are hikers, campers, artists, bikers, animal lovers, tattoo enthusiasts, writers, and crafters. We are family people, single people, and happy people. You will find friends here, and right now we are looking for our next awesome Landscape Construction Technician. Is it you?
Role: Landscape Technician
What we look for in our Landscape Technicians: You are the lifeline of our team. You will work closely with our lead hands and other team members to bring our designs to life. You are eager to learn and grow your skills and capabilities. You take pride in your work and strive to provide a high-level service and quality workmanship to all our clients. You are aligned with our mission and they imbody the “4 P’s” of Parklane- People, Planet, Passion and Performance. You love what you do and enjoy collaborating with others on the team. You work safely for yourselves, your team, and our clients. You are trustworthy, reliable, and willing to dig in and get dirty.
Reports to: Lead hand and Foreperson
Works daily with: Lead Hand, Other Team Members.
Necessary Skills and qualifications for this roll
- Ability to take initiative and follow direction
- A love for working in the great outdoors and all it has to offer.
- Comfortable with construction tools and equipment (quick cut saw, plate tampers, wood working tools, skid steers, mini excavators)
- Ability and willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- G-2 or higher license with clean abstract
- Valid first Aid and CPR
Responsibilities of Our Landscape Technicians
- Consistent and responsible attention to all company policies and H&S practices.
- Willing to work and assist all team members on all daily tasks on and off site.
- Pay close attention to the detail and quality of all work performed. Listen and follow instructions of lead.
- Collaborate and engage with all team members during loading and unloading of daily tools, equipment, and materials in an organized, efficient, and effective way.
- Be engaged in understanding the full scope of every job and what the daily flow of work will be, setting goals with the team on efficiency and productivity.
- Continuous improvement of skills and interest in learning new things as well as engaging team members to do the same.
- Reliable and dependable, showing up every day with the right tools and attitude to perform all tasks to the best of your ability. Contribute in a positive way to the team environment and moral.
Results We See from a Great Landscape Technician
- An energetic and engaged individual that works safely with all necessary PPE. Working with all team members to keep safety top of mind and eliminate injuries and near misses.
- Great team collaboration, getting work done in a fun and fulfilling way.
- All jobs are fully completed with zero quality related call backs. Clients are left feeling “wowed” by the team engagement and are eager to refer us.
- Yard inventory is stocked. Tools, equipment, trucks, and trailers are clean, well-organized and there is minimal down time.
- Daily and weekly goals are met, and lead hands are eager to enlist you for more independent or skillful work
- An engaged and interested team player that finds joy and satisfaction from learning and diversifying their role within the company.
- Schedules are kept, and jobs are not interrupted by absenteeism. Team members feel supported by one another and enjoy coming to work.
Hours of work and operation Monday to Friday April through November
- No weekend work Paid training and development Bonus/profit sharing
- Free uniforms Health benefits after one-year Monthly team BBQs
- The best co-workers anyone could ask for
How to Apply:General Manager: Cassie O'Neill Drop Resume off in Person: 250 Matchedash St South Orillia L3V 4X2 Submit Resume to our Website: Parklane Landscapes Call Us Today: 705-327-0064
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3743-2022