JOB POST #3876-2023
Media Specialist – summer & fall/winter positionsDate Posted: February 1st, 2023 Date Closing: October 31st, 2023
Location: Scales Nature Park, positions may involve travel for outreach and fieldwork
Duration: Varies with position, minimum 8 weeks with extension up to one year internship possible
Salary: Varies depending on the position and funding. At or slightly above minimum wage.
Duties will include:
- Create, edit, and publish multimedia content regarding our conservation projects and operations. Such content will include: articles, websites, images, videos, interactive social media posts, and more.
- Organize and maintain media equipment and tools and archive materials related to media production
- Assist with conducting online programming related to wildlife conservation; using our digital broadcast studio various media equipment (PC, cameras, wireless audio, lights, etc.) and relevant software (Adobe Creative Cloud, OBS, Zoom, Google Meet and Microsoft Teams)
- Assist with the operations and development of a nature centre and related projects in order to gain firsthand experience related to content creation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity, excellent grammar and spelling
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with relevant software and web applications required
- Positive attitude and commitment to conservation are essential
- Experience with digital photography, image/video editing, and image cataloguing an asset
- Valid G or G2 driver’s license and good driving record required
- Flexibility regarding scheduling important
Accommodations (shared) may be available on-site (quad or double bunk room). Candidates should enjoy working both indoors and outdoors, in a variety of settings. The ability to thrive as part of a close-knit team in challenging situations and a live/work environment is important.
How to Apply:Please complete the Google Form found here: https://forms.gle/DX1QdmWCbx2pvFyi6. At the conclusion of the questionnaire, you will be prompted to upload a resume, cover letter, and references as a single PDF file, 4 pages or less. Resumes will be reviewed beginning March 1, but applications will continue to be accepted after that.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3876-2023