JOB POST #3276-2022
Millwright Mechanic – 433A is PreferredDate Posted: August 18th, 2022 Date Closing: September 30th, 2022
From the very beginning, Canplas has prioritized state-of-the-art equipment, meticulous quality testing, and a dedication to customer service. Today, Canplas manufactures high-quality plastic plumbing, ventilation, central vacuum and grease separation products for residential and commercial buildings all over the continent.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a team of people-centric professionals with a continuous improvement focus! Innovation is central to our corporate DNA, from manufacturing processes to supply chain management, we are continually looking for areas in which we can innovate in order to better serve our customers and our growing business.
We currently have a great permanent opportunity as Millwright! This role is based out of our Barrie, ON plant. We are seeking an energetic individual with a keen eye to detail and a positive demeanor. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and will focus on safety, quality and continuous improvement.
- Perform hydraulic and mechanical preventative maintenance processes
- Fix hydraulic circuits involving servo valves and variable displacement pumps
- Install equipment and fix failures on machines throughout the facility
- Welding and fabrication as needed
- Repair and maintain automation equipment, material loading systems, material dryers, material grinders, pumps and conveyors.
- Follow and consistently exercise current work instructions daily
- Actively participate in the 5S, SAFE and steady improvement programs
- Continuous participation in all facility waste management and environmentally related programs and training
- Other duties as required and/or assigned
- Licensed Millwright (433A or Red Seal) is preferred
- 5 + years in a previous manufacturing environment is strongly preferred, plastic experience is an asset
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of robots and automation equipment is a must
- Experience or exposure working with injection molding machines required
- Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Current forklift and overhead crane license an asset – Training to be provided as needed
- Knowledge of health and safety practices in a manufacturing environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced in environment
- Available to work 12-hour continental shifts (7 days, 84 hours bi-weekly)
- Manufacturing plant environment requiring varying degrees of physical labor consisting of lifting from light to heavy (up to 50 lbs.)
- Climbing heights in excess of 10′
- Working in confined spaces
- The use of hand tools
- Considerable amount of sensory attention is required
- Canplas offers a competitive wage and benefits package (Flexible Benefits, Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Voluntary RRSP program)
- Plant bonus program
- An ISO 9001 and 14001 registered company
- Internal promotion and growth opportunities
- Company provided uniforms and annual safety shoe allowance
- Annual tool allowance
- Training and educational resources provided
- Positive working environment and organizational philosophy
Canplas Industries Ltd is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request an accommodation, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.