JOB POST #3009-2022
Order PickerDate Posted: May 5th, 2022 Date Closing: May 20th, 2022
Rock Solid Supply Inc. is a manufacturer and distributor of bathroom vanities and accessories to retailers across Canada. Rock Solid is committed to being a lean manufacturer and focused on continuous improvement. Our mission is to deliver happiness to our customers, suppliers, as well as our employees. A happy workplace is one that is inclusive, diverse, and respectful of the individual.
ROLE: Material Handler (Picker) and Water Spider #2
As the second Water Spider, you will support the efficient operation of the vanity assembly line and cells, as well as the stone department. You will achieve this through consistently meeting their demand needs, by supplying required material and removing waste packaging. This role will be reporting to the Warehouse Team Lead.
Note: Water Spider #1 is responsible for supplying small parts (drawer parts, slides, fasteners, drawer catches, other items) to vanity assembly line and cells only and reports to the Assembly Team Lead.
- Pick and supply vanity kits, gables, and kicks to the assembly line and cells.
- Supply silicone to the stone sink installation station.
- Supply all wood to the stone crate builder’s station.
- Supply handles and fasteners to the stone crate builder’s station
- Supply foam and wood backing bars to the to the stone crating stations.
- Cut and supply 2×2 blocks to the stone crating station
- Remove supplied material empty packaging materials (boxes, strapping, wood, other waste packaging) from the stone crate building and crating areas.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Rock Solid Supply products.
- Follow safety policies in compliance with the law, as well as all other internal policies.
- Report tool, machine, & equipment malfunctions to supervisory staff.
- Participate in Lean training and provide ideas for improvement.
- Other duties/projects assigned as necessary.
- Overtime as required.
- Possess a High School diploma or educational equivalent.
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently, and proactively solve problems.
- ERP experience an asset but not required.
- Team player.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Warehouse and Production floor.
- Able to lift at least 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
- Manual dexterity & hand-eye coordination required for use machinery, etc.
- Long periods of walking, lifting, bending, reaching, stooping, etc.
- Safety hazards present in production setting: overhead hazards, heavy lifting, use of machines, chemicals, etc.
- Steel-toed safety shoes or boots required (Safety glasses & masks, gloves, etc. will be provided).