JOB POST #3176-2022
Part-Time Support Worker BarrieDate Posted: July 18th, 2022 Date Closing: August 5th, 2022
Would you like to… work with an enthusiastic and committed team; share new and creative ideas? If so, Empower Simcoe may be just the place for you!
We are one of the largest accredited community living organizations in Ontario with over 525 employees and an annual operating budget of over $45 million. We provide services through a variety of programs in the Barrie, Orillia and surrounding areas. As an organization, we look for individuals who demonstrate initiative, collaboration, resilience and creative problem-solving skills.
You can expect a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. You can expect a competitive compensation package, group insurance benefits which include life insurance, health and dental insurance, participation in a pension plan, paid vacation and paid sick time.. If you have the qualifications, attributes and skills we are seeking, then we would like you to join our team of dedicated employees.
We are presently accepting resumes for qualified and enthusiastic Direct Support Workers to work in our Accommodations Program in Barrie, Ontario. This position guarantees up to 59.5 hours bi-weekly.
Our Direct Support Workers provide support to individuals with intellectual disabilities with all aspects of daily living within a group home setting. Responsibilities may include supporting people with finances, personal care, household duties and meal preparation. You may also support people to appointments or events in order to make connections within the community.
- Candidates must have a completed Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in the Human Services field (including, but not limited to: DSW, SSW, CYW, ECE, BSW, etc.);
- Candidates who have a completed Degree or Diploma from an accredited college or university in an unrelated field must have 2 years full-time work experience directly supporting people;
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and statutory holidays;
- As a condition of hire, candidates must be willing to provide a current, clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening and a pre-employment medical;
- A valid “Class G” driver’s license and reliable transportation are considered an asset.
Empower Simcoe is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community.
Empower Simcoe is committed to being non-discriminatory and providing equal and barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this position, please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to Be, Belong and Thrive.
Please submit your applications by:
4:00pm on August 5, 2022
We thank all those who apply for this position. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any issues with the application process, please contact Human Resources at 705-726-9082 ext. 2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org.