JOB POST #3177-2022
Part-Time Support Worker-OrilliaDate Posted: July 18th, 2022 Date Closing: August 5th, 2022
Would you like to… work with an enthusiastic and committed team; share new and creative ideas? If so, Empower Simcoe may be just the place for you!
We are one of the largest accredited community living organizations in Ontario with over 525 employees and an annual operating budget of over $45 million. We provide services through a variety of programs in the Barrie, Orillia and surrounding areas. As an organization, we look for individuals who demonstrate initiative, collaboration, resilience and creative problem-solving skills.
You can expect a respectful, caring and inclusive workplace. You can expect a competitive compensation package, comprehensive extended benefits, participation in group RRSP with 100% matching contributions up to 4% of gross earnings and support to succeed through our extensive training and development program. If you have the qualifications, attributes and skills we are seeking, then we would like you to join our team of dedicated employees.
We are presently accepting resumes for a number of Permanent Part-Time Support Workers to work on in our Accommodations Program (group homes). These positions will be assigned to our Permanent Asleep Night line working up to 63 hours bi-weekly, however on a temporary basis, we do have daytime hours available working up to 60 hours bi-weekly. These positions provide supportive services to meet the direct care needs of individuals in the Accommodations Program in Orillia utilizing the Personal Outcome Measures philosophy.
Our Support Workers provide support to individuals with intellectual disabilities with all aspects of daily living within a group home setting. Responsibilities may include supporting people with finances, personal care, household duties and meal preparation. You may also support people to appointments or events in order to make connections within the community.
- S.W. diploma or an acceptable educational equivalency (Child & Youth Worker, E.C.E., S.S.W., Nursing, Psychology, P.S.W., etc.) as determined by the employer is required;
- A minimum of six months recent work experience providing support for individuals with an intellectual disability is required;
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and/or independently;
- Current valid certificates and a demonstrated proficiency in First Aid, C.P.R., N.V.C.I. and medication dispensing or successful completion of a recognized pharmacology course is preferred;
- Excellent communication skills including listening and interpersonal skills;
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office products and experience with databases is required;
- Understanding of the Agency’s principles and demonstrated ability in supporting individuals to meet their personal support outcomes is essential;
- Ability to work weekends and holidays, as well as shifts other than the asleep overnight shift when scheduled;
- Ability to attend team meetings and training as required during daytime hours;
- A valid class “G” driver’s license and own reliable transportation to be used in the course of employment is an asset;
Empower Simcoe is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or disability. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community.
Empower Simcoe is committed to being non-discriminatory and providing equal and barrier-free selection and appointment processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to this position, please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to Be, Belong and Thrive.
Submit application by:
External 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 5, 2022
We thank all those who apply for this position. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. If you have any issues with the application process, please contact Human Resources at 705-726-9082 ext. 2255 or email@example.com.