JOB POST #3060-2022
Registered Nurse/Registered Practical NurseDate Posted: June 1st, 2022 Date Closing: August 31st, 2022
Permanent full time RN opportunities come with a $10,000.00 sign on bonus
We are Sienna Senior Living, a publicly traded company (TSX:SIA) and one of Canada’s leading owners and operators of seniors’ residences. We offer care, support, services and housing in Retirement and Long Term Care to seniors/residents and their families. And we truly believe it is a privilege to serve Canada’s seniors, ensuring they live fulfilling lives with the utmost comfort, dignity and respect.
At Sienna, we empower our 12,000 team members to help our residents live the life they desire and deserve. We provide our team members the tools and support to deliver excellent clinical care and elevate the resident experience through choice, personalization, and community engagement.
If this resonates with you, please keep reading!
What Sienna Offers:
We are a purpose driven organization. We aspire to cultivate an environment and culture where team members feel valued, heard and empowered to do meaningful work. And we offer a number of programs and benefits that support team members’ financial, personal and professional needs:
· A competitive salary and vacation package
· Health & Dental benefits program
· RRSP with employer match
· Share Ownership and Reward Program (SOAR)
· Employee Share Purchase Plan with company match
· Continuous learning and growth so you have the skillset needed to succeed and take on new challenges
· A welcoming culture that values diversity and differing perspectives, experiences and beliefs
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be a welcomed member of the Long Term Care team at Creedan Valley Care Community, working in a fast-paced environment where you will make a meaningful difference in residents’ lives. As a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse, you’ll form a deep understanding of your residents and their living experience. You will build relationships with the residents and their family members, offering a variety of support options and program choices that enrich their daily health and well being. As an individual and part of a wider team, you will be a strong contributor to the culture of the home, where the focus is always on helping residents live fully, every day.
How You’ll Succeed
1. Provide Resident Care and Assistance
· Provide nursing care and sound nursing principles in accordance with established policy, physician’s orders, the resident plan of care, and within the scope of practice of a RN
· Responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care to meet the physical, psychological, emotional, spiritual, cultural and social needs of the residents.
2. Ensure Timely Resident Processes
· Ensure a timely and accessible admission for the residents, including a comprehensive orientation to the home and the services offered within the home
· Ensure that resident transfers and discharges are timely and safe
3. Collaborate and Contribute
· Collaborate with the inter-professional team including medical team members, clinical specialists, and consultants in support of effective clinical care for all residents
· Respond to all emergencies immediately; acts as the emergency manager until relieved by the ADOC, DOC or Executive Director.
Who You Are:
· Current registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Practical Nurse with applicable provincial College of Nurses
· You have sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing including activation, activity programs, nursing and personnel administration
· You possess a current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
What you need to know:
· Sienna Senior Living is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and residents feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience
· You must be legally eligible to work in Canada or have a valid work/study permit
· You must successfully pass a Vulnerable Sector Check
· We are committed to protecting our team members, residents and families. Sienna requires all successful candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with two doses of vaccine that is approved by Health Canada
Apply now if this job sounds interesting and you want to learn more!
How to Apply:If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3060-2022