JOB POST #4208-2023
Sous Chef/Kitchen Preparation AssistantDate Posted: May 1st, 2023 Date Closing: June 1st, 2023
Company Description: At Casal Catering in Barrie, we provide clients with exceptional food and service for a reasonable price. We have a broad range of menus that can be customized to suit various venues, budgets and palates. Our catering services include breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Whether the client is planning a corporate affair, wedding or birthday party, our team assists with all elements required to put an event together.
The kitchen assistant is responsible for preparing and organizing food items that are used in the cooking process for our catering events. The job includes but is not limited to:
• Reporting to Head Chef when necessary
• Washing, peeling and cutting vegetables and fruit
• Packaging take-out food
• Portioning and wrapping foods
• Plating and garnishing dishes at catering events
• Using manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
• Cleaning and sanitizing kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
• Receiving, unpacking and storing supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
• Removing kitchen garbage and trash
Work conditions and physical capabilities:
• Fast-paced environment, occasionally hot kitchen environment
• Physically demanding (lifting up to 50 lbs, overhead lifting)
• Repetitive tasks
• Standing for extended periods
• Driving to pickup orders and to catering events; occasional preparing food on site
• Setting up equipment and supplies for food preparation.
• Preparing meals and snacks according to production sheets, recipes and other menu documents as provided.
• Providing for prescribed diets, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
• Monitoring quality of food supplies received and advises Head Chef of problems and makes recommendations about corrective action.
• Food Handlers Certificate is an asset but not required (we will provide it if necessary)
• First Aid knowledge is an asset but not required
• Experience with volume food preparation is highly beneficial
• Background in culinary arts or hospitality is beneficial
• Minimum 1 year experience with cooking skills such as: chopping, cubing, dicing, julienne, sauté, simmer, brown, bake, grill, etc.
• Strong Time Management Skills
• Commitment to Quality and Service
• Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment
• Must have strong Communication, Collaboration and Interpersonal skills
Terms of employment: volume of work is based on wedding season (largely summer-focused), Hours can vary based on events.
Location: 386 Blake Street Barrie, Ontario L4M 1L3
How to Apply:Send an email to email@example.com with your resume.
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #4208-2023