JOB POST #4139-2023
Transit Driver (Barrie Transit) In Barrie At MV TransportationDate Posted: April 14th, 2023 Date Closing: May 27th, 2023
Barrie Transit team is seeking Full-Time Conventional Transit Operators. Conventional Transit Operators are responsible for the safe and on-time transportation of passengers in accordance with Company and client contract standards. Operators will drive a variety of vehicles depending on the facility and need.
Wage: Starting rate of $20.68/hr with 3 wage increases over 18months to reach regular driving rate of $27.58/hr.
Additional increases scheduled for July 2023, Jan 2024, July 2024 and Jan 2025 per CBA.
What We Offer:
- Full time permanent employment with guaranteed hours
- Work local, minimize commute time, and give back to the community
- Paid training & paid uniforms
- Employee discounts with local businesses
- RRSP match, benefits and paid vacation
- Room for growth/advancement
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Provides excellent customer service as well as safe and reliable transportation
- Operates a vehicle on an assigned route in safe and professional manner
- Conducts pre-trip and post-trip inspections on assigned bus each day
- Communicates effectively with dispatch or central office personnel via two-way radio
- Always employs defensive driving and safety techniques
- Diffuses difficult situations and maintains order onboard vehicle
- Open to work various schedules including evenings, weekends and holidays
- A valid B or C Ontario Driver’s License
- Z (Airbrakes) endorsement preferred, company sponsored training available
- 3 years of driving experience and clean driving record (abstract/cvor)
- Customer service experience and desire to work with the general public
- Be able to provide satisfactory Vulnerability Sector Screening upon hire
About MVT: MVT Canadian Bus, Inc. proudly operates the conventional and specialized transit service for the City of Barrie from a $22M state-of-the-art facility as part of a 20-year operating contract which commenced in 2015. The team at MVT is committed to be a company that makes a difference in people’s lives by inspiring our employees, treating our customers as part of the family, and making our communities even better places to live.
MVT is committed to equity in employment. Our goal is a diverse, inclusive workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources.
Click the link below to apply:
Transit Driver (Barrie Transit) in Barrie at MV Transportation (mvtransit.com)
How to Apply:Click the link below to apply: Transit Driver (Barrie Transit) in Barrie at MV Transportation (mvtransit.com)
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #4139-2023