JOB POST #3179-2022
Truss Production – Afternoon ShiftDate Posted: July 19th, 2022 Date Closing: July 31st, 2022
Tarpin Lumber & Truss has a long-standing reputation of providing superior service and quality product to residential and commercial builders throughout Barrie and the Greater Toronto area.
It’s not just quality products that set Tarpin apart from our competitors, but our friendly and knowledgeable service. We are a family of service professionals who go the extra distance to ensure the job gets done right and on time.
Are you looking for your days to fly by – we are building our team! Join us!
- Competitive wages
- Work straight shift – no rotating – have a life outside of work!
- Positive working environment
- Opportunity for development
- Paid training
Who are we looking for?
TEAM MEMBER TO JOIN OUR TRUSS BUILDER/FABRICATION DEPARTMENT in Innisfil, On.
Job Type: full time Wage: $18.50 per hour plus shift premium
Shift: Monday – Thursday (3:15pm to 1:45am)
Environment: noise, dust, must be comfortable working outdoors, friendly, and encouraging.
- Work with a team in production system
- Fast paced manufacturing environment
- Focus on customer expectations
- Effectively communicates with team on any issues or ideas for improvement
- Use of basic hand and electric tools to perform duties
- Standing for an extended period (up to 2 hours)
- Lifting to 50lbs regularly
- Overtime as required
- Interest in learning the roof truss manufacturing process
- 1+ year(s) of construction, manufacturing, or warehousing experience an asset
- Must be comfortable outdoors in a productivity focused environment
- Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic math skills: ability to read a tape measure, basic measurement calculations
- Basic computer skills
- Must have excellent safety record and steel toe boots
- Ideal candidate will be able to start immediately
- Transportation is required, as public transit is not available
- Company events such as BBQs, off site events (races), raffles, birthday celebrations, and holiday recognition
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- And much, much more!
Tarpin Lumber Inc. is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace where everyone feels respected and valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or disability. Applications are encouraged from those who reflect the diversity of our community.
Tarpin Lumber Inc. is committed to being non-discriminatory and providing equal and barrier free selection and appointment processes to work environments. If contacted in relation to this position, please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process.