JOB POST #3026-2022
Audio Video TechnicianDate Closing: May 30th, 2022
We are looking for an experienced A/V technician to perform a variety of duties typical of our business.
A) Set up and operate media equipment for live and virtual events. As an A/V technician; you will be responsible for organizing and installing media equipment such as:
* Microphones, effects racks, speakers, and other related audio equipment.
* Video projectors, screens, video sources, motion cameras and other related video equipment.
* Lighting system used in live performances including lights, trussing and control systems.
* Staging for elevating performers for public and private functions including ramps, stairs and back drops.
B) Assist with the design, installation, and service of Audio-Visual Systems in venues such as Homes, Restaurants, Churches, Court Rooms, Council Chambers plus a variety of other commercial, institutional, manufacturing and retail establishments.
C) Support the service team in the repair of a variety of electronics related to our industry, including equipment that may be brought in from clients.
To ensure success as an A/V technician, you should have advanced knowledge of audio and video equipment, experience with lighting and filming techniques, and excellent troubleshooting skills. Ultimately, a top-notch AV technician should be able to create superb audio and visual effects to enhance any live experience.
Audio Video Technician Responsibilities:
• Be a team player by working well with coworkers and clients.
• Experience in the installation and service of Audio-Visual Systems
• Meeting with Event Coordinators to discuss their technical requirements.
• Laying electrical and communications cables.
• Setting up and installing microphones, lights, video monitors, projectors, speakers, and video cameras.
• Conducting sound, visual, and performance quality checks on A/V equipment.
• Inspecting mountings and electrical equipment to ensure they conform to health and safety regulations.
• Operating sound and visual equipment during live events.
• Troubleshooting equipment and ensuring events run smoothly.
• Maintaining strong customer relations.
• Disassembling audio and visual equipment and packing up after the event.
Audio Video Technician Requirements:
• Previous experience working as an A/V technician.
• Good knowledge of sound, video, and lighting equipment.
• Familiarity with computers and IP Networking Systems.
• Knowledge of modern camera and sound mixing techniques.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• High level of physical fitness and the ability to lift heavy equipment.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Bondable and able to pass a security clearance
• Valid drivers license and clean abstract