JOB POST #4106-2023
Building Superintendent CoupleDate Posted: April 4th, 2023 Date Closing: April 11th, 2023
BUILDING SUPERINTENDENT COUPLE
St. Mary’s Seniors Residence Barrie Inc. is seeking a full-time Building Superintendent Couple with a minimum of three years\\\’ experience. St. Mary’s Seniors’ Residence is a 60 Unit Senior Citizens Apartment Building in Barrie, ON.
The duties for this position include the following:
• Handling the general custodial duties and maintenance of the property that ensures that the common areas are clean, as well as daily disinfection routine as per Covid-19 protocols.
• Maintain positive relations with the residents.
• Responding to maintenance requests, cleaning, repairs and arranging for contractor service calls
• Performing minor and routine repairs and maintenance, both in the unit, interior and exterior of the property. This could include minor plumbing repairs and other minor repairs
• Performing daily inspection checks on the building systems
• Maintaining Maintenance and Fire Safety Log and be familiar with the Fire Safety Plan for the building, maintain the daily, weekly and monthly checks and tests and the proper completion of the fire safety log for the building as per the Fire Safety Code
• Ensuring regular garbage removal and recycling pickup occurs in an effective manner.
• Delivering letters and notices to the residents
• Handling turnover of apartments, ensuring they are cleaned and ready to show prospective residents
• Seasonal exterior ground maintenance as required and requested by management
• Monitoring inventory control of supplies and equipment
• Performing other duties as requested
The successful candidates possess:
• Completion of high school diploma or equivalent experience with a minimum of 3 years of experience in similar role
• Previous experience with basic plumbing, heating and mechanical/ventilation systems
• A pleasant, outgoing and professional demeanor — whether in person or by telephone
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Strong problem solving skills and a strong sense of personal responsibility and reliability, with the desire to work as an integral member of a team
• A valid drivers licence
Why work for us:
• Two Bedroom Apartment included
• Group Benefits Package
• Pension Plan
• Good work environment
Applications can be forwarded to email@example.com and will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. on April 11, 2023.