JOB POST #4203-2023
Butcher Shop AssociateDate Posted: April 27th, 2023 Date Closing: May 31st, 2023
We are a family farm that specializes in local grown meat, dairy, produce. We process our own meat and poultry on site. Our team is looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about farm-to-table, natural food.
This position requires working in the butcher room, where the meat is processed. A positive and hard-working attitude is essential to thrive in this position.
If you are experienced in butchering, working with meat, or selling meat, we will offer more per hour.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track and maintain store and freezer inventory
- Regularly sanitize the butcher room work areas
- Develop product knowledge
- Assist with picking and shipping wholesale customer orders
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Education or food preparation considered an asset. Additional training will be required when hired.
- Ability to stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication with team members and task management.
- Availability to work a variety of hours, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Time management and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and/or possesses prior knowledge of meat cuts.
- Reliable transportation and attendance dependability.
- Physical demands: constant moving, talking and standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- It may involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and carrying up to 50lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cookstown, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- meat cutting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person