JOB POST #4278-2023
Community Safety Team MemberDate Posted: June 1st, 2023 Date Closing: June 19th, 2023
One Community Solutions CARES.
Compassion, Adaptability, Relationship Building, Excellence, Safety.
We at One Community Solutions provide a unique service which involves working with the vulnerable population currently made up of individuals who are battling homelessness, drug addictions and mental health. We build understanding and respect with the clients and staff to help create safe environments in and out of the shelters.
Our CST\’s (Community Safety Team) work 24 hours a day doing patrols in neighborhoods, cleaning up drug paraphernalia and also keeping watch at local schools (from daycares to high schools) to ensure the continued safety of children, teens and pets in the area.
As a member of One Community Solutions’ Team, you have the opportunity to make a difference in your local community – to be someone who CARES.
Essential Duties for this position are as follows;
● Escorting and providing assistance to One Community Solutions Clients at their work-site. The assistance provided could include, but isn’t limited to; providing assistance with meal service, collecting and distributing linens, cleaning and maintaining the property, etc.
● Routinely performing perimeter checks, wellness checks and environmental checks
● Ensuring access to worksite areas are being monitored and controlled.
● Responding to crisis situations and overdoses
● Patrol designated areas while collecting and clearing drug paraphernalia and responding to community calls for clean up
● Interact with local residents and businesses and serve as a community liaison
● Respond to community calls to address or remove vulnerable people on private property
● Provide any reasonable assistance to residents and shelter staff in a courteous and helpful manner
● Assisting with administrative tasks and other tasks as assigned
Qualifications for this position include;
● Prior experience working in a customer service-oriented environment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal skills and customer service skills which includes, but isn’t limited to, conflict resolution, decision making, situational assessments and problem solving.
● Valid Security Guard License is considered an asset but not essential
● Valid certificate in Standard First Aid and CPR level ‘C’ are considered an asset
● Knowledge of legislative policies such as the Criminal Code, Trespass to Property Act and WHMIS are considered an asset
● Ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays
How to Apply?
Please ensure you submit a resume, cover letter and references when applying.
Our organization is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We exercise employment practices which are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, One Community Solutions will work to meet your needs. Please let us know your needs for accommodation when contacted and together we can create a more accessible environment.