JOB POST #4205-2023
Farm Market Retail AssociateDate Posted: April 28th, 2023 Date Closing: May 31st, 2023
We are a family farm that specializes in local grown meat, dairy, produce. Our team is looking for hard-working individuals who are passionate about farm-to-table, natural food for our retail team. This is a fast paced environment and a fun team to be part of. Ideal candidates will be interested in the local food movement, enjoy working with people, have a good sense of humor and lots of energy.
At our farmers market, the duties include stocking produce, creating great customer experiences, cash handling and mental math, and knowledge of local food or cooking is considered an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Track and maintain store and freezer inventory.
- Develop product knowledge and share that knowledge with customers.
- Assist with picking and shipping wholesale customer orders. Create invoices.
- Maintain visual cleanliness. Ensure displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Spending some time working with back of market/butcher room.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Education or food preparation considered an asset. Additional training will be required when hired.
- Ability to stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication with team members and task management.
- Availability to work a variety of hours, which may include mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Time management and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn and/or possesses prior knowledge of meat cuts.
- Reliable transportation and attendance dependability.
- Physical demands: constant moving, talking and standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- It may involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and carrying up to 50lbs.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 30-40 per week
Salary: From $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cookstown, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
How to Apply:Please send email with a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #4205-2023