JOB POST #3162-2022
FOOD SERVICES HELPER (COOK ASSISTANT)Date Posted: July 7th, 2022 Date Closing: July 13th, 2022
Are you an experienced food service professional who enjoys working within a large scale food operation? Do you demonstrate attention to detail in order to ensure food safety and security as a top priority? If so, consider this opportunity as a Food Service Helper at the Central North Correctional Centre.
• These positions will be temporary, on-call working up to 40 hours per week, with no minimum guaranteed number of hours. Note that the average amount of hours currently ranges from 20-40 hours per week.
• Position requires shift work including weekends and holidays
• Position requires working with and providing direction to inmate workers
Note: Job advertisement extended to July 13, 2022.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario\’s Human Rights Code. Refer to the \”How to apply\” section if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Assist in a cook-chill/rethermalization operation
• Assist in the production of the proper amount of food trays
• Ensure that food services equipment and supplies are used and stored in a safe and efficient manner
• Ensure that cleanliness, safety and security are maintained
• Assist in orienting, instructing and supervising inmate workers
• Other duties, as assigned
How do I qualify?
• You have a valid Food Handler Certificate (either currently OR previously certified and can obtain re-certification upon hire)
• You have a current First Aid and Heartsaver Certificates OR ability to obtain certification upon hire
Food Services Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of and experience with cook-chill/retherm safety principles as well as volume cooking to prepare/assemble a variety of volume meals
• You have knowledge of and experience preparing various diets (i.e. lifestyle, medical, religious)
• You have thorough knowledge of food safety practices as well as demonstrated ability to follow workplace health and safety standards
• You are able to understand and comply with organizational policies and protocols in order to ensure a safe and secure work environment
• You are able to interact with staff as well as supervise and direct inmate workers
• You have written communication skills to prepare reports
• You can recognize hazards and shortages of food supplies and report to Supervisor
• You can observe and report any potential problems in food quality, sanitation, or hygiene control
How to Apply:Applications are only accepted online via this link: https://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/Preview.aspx?Language=English&JobID=183520 Email submissions will not be accepted
Please reference this job posting in your email: JOB POSTING #3162-2022