JOB POST #4852-2024
Machine Operator – Canplas Industries (Barrie)Date Closing: February 18th, 2024
Are you an individual who loves to be a part of a productive team? Have you been looking for a career at a company that encourages growth and developing their employees? If the answer is yes to these questions then you are the person we are looking for.
Don’t let this exciting entry level opportunity as Machine Operator get away from you, apply today! This role is based out of our Barrie, ON Plant and reports to the Production Supervisor. We are seeking motivated individuals with a keen eye for detail and a positive state of mind. The successful candidate will work within a team with a focus on safety, quality, and continuous improvement.
- Read and follow assigned Instruction Sheets/ Bills of Material
- Cutting, clipping, trimming, visual checking, counting, assembling and packaging parts
- Conducting quality checks and lot traceability
- Maintain established safety, quality and productivity standards
- Specific housekeeping duties and filling in appropriate 5S forms
- Input into production control information system, Hydra and/or timesheets
- Participate in Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Attending Team Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
HOURLY WAGE: $26.44
Working Conditions/Hazards and Equipment/Tool Use
Machine Operators will be provided Required PPE for use during shift, including mandatory hearing protection and safety glasses. Our Production Facility is a semi-climate controlled Plastics Injection Molding Plant. Employees will be working 12-hour shifts, standing and walking on concrete floors for the majority of the shift. Machine Operators are required to lift, lower and carry up to 35lbs.
Machine Operators will be trained on safe usage of the below listed tools and equipment: Hand and Floor Sprue/Gate Clippers, sonic welders, scales, tape guns, stamps, material grinders, internal paging system, Production tracking software system, bagging machines, bar code placement machines, jigs, fixtures, conveyor belt systems and more!
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- 2 or more years’ experience working in a fast-paced Manufacturing environment,
- Safety minded and detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with working 12 hour shifts, with preference given to those with Night shift experience
- Flexible to work a 12-hour continental night shift 7:00 pm – 7:15 am (84 hours bi-weekly)
- Week 1 work Monday, Tuesday, and Friday (36 hours), Week 2 work Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, and Thursday (48 hours)
As an equal opportunity employer, Canplas offers a competitive wage and benefit package (Flexible Benefits, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, and Voluntary RRSP program) along with a yearly bonus program. We provide Internal promotion, development and growth opportunities at length along with Training and Educational opportunities. We also provide all employees with a yearly Safety shoe allowance.
Canplas Industries Ltd is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org.