JOB POST #4809-2023
Maintenance Supervisor – Canplas Industries Ltd /BarrieDate Posted: December 19th, 2023 Date Closing: January 14th, 2023
From the very beginning, Canplas has prioritized state-of-the-art equipment, meticulous quality testing, and a dedication to customer service. Today, Canplas manufactures high-quality plastic plumbing, ventilation, central vacuum, and grease separation products for residential and commercial buildings all over the continent.
Do not miss the opportunity to join a team of people-centric professionals with a continuous improvement focus! Innovation is central to our corporate DNA, from manufacturing processes to supply chain management, we are continually looking for areas in which we can innovate in order to better serve our customers and our growing business.
We currently have an excellent permanent opportunity as a Maintenance Supervisor! This role is based out of Barrie, ON. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the position is accountable for supervising and leading, coaching and mentoring the Maintenance staff, and all responsibilities related to maintaining the production equipment at the Patterson Rd facility. Areas of focus include equipment RM and PM activities, projects, and process optimization efforts contributing to the attainment of safety, quality, and continuous improvement objectives for the facility.
- Ensure all safety practices are followed
- RM scheduling for repairs
- PM scheduling for preventative maintenance activities
- Assist in scrap reduction opportunities as well as process optimization and improvements
- Ensure all equipment technical specifications are updated and in use
- To assist in submitting various capital expenditures related to equipment
- Purchasing of all MRO items and associated Requisitions.
- Completion of maintenance work orders as issued by various departments
- Ensure preventative maintenance activities are in place and they continue to improve
- Ensure layouts are completed in conjunction with Safety and Lean principles
- To maintain the chiller/tower system in proper functioning condition with all associated checks
- ·Assist in methods improvements to reduce costs, and improve productivity, quality, and safety levels
- ·Equipment must be managed to ensure the long-term benefit from investments. The workloads must be prioritized and updated weekly for machine maintenance. The incumbent estimates expense authorizations for all major machinery and facility maintenance projects and initiates all day-to-day expenses for equipment repairs and maintenance supplied
- The incumbent is involved in the evaluation of all purchased manufacturing equipment. Upon receipt of purchased equipment, is accountable for ensuring PHSR, ESA, and safety checklists are followed during the installation, start-up, and movement into the production mode
- This position plays an integral role in special projects.
- The incumbent is accountable for monitoring and initiating corrective action to ensure maintenance budgets are on target. The objective is to improve performance to standard, but not at the cost of safety, quality, labour relations or long-term equipment life
- ·The incumbent through his work ethic must set an example by which his employees are encouraged to give maximum effort
- ·Directly involved in PHSRs and all certifications of equipment ie ESA/TSSA
- 5 – 8 years of experience in an Injection Molding environment
- 3 – 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Licensed trade professional, a requirement
- College diploma or University degree, an asset
- Data Connections and Troubleshooting (CAT5, Plant PA System)
- Electrical, Mechanical Training & Mentoring