JOB POST #4360-2023
Overnight Cleaning SupervisorDate Posted: June 27th, 2023 Date Closing: July 24th, 2023
Scandinavian Building Services has been a Canadian leader in retail and commercial cleaning for the last 60 years. Starting as a small family owned and operated business in Edmonton Alberta in 1982 to offering full service janitorial and building maintenance across Canada today. We attribute our success to staying true to our core values of Service, Motivate, Respect, and Connect. As we continue to grow we are looking to add an Overnight Cleaning Supervisor in Mississauga to the Scandi Family!
**When not on the road this position is remote so you can work from the comfort of your own home hours are Monday to Friday 7pm – 3:30am **
This role will include a company vehicle and travel across the GTA. This position will be assisting with coverage, special projects, and prepping for Executive visits
What’s in it for you:
- Awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies: We’re committed to a high level standard of excellence for both clients and our Scandi Family.
- Growth Opportunities: A place to hang your hat. We want our employees to grow with us long term.
- Stability and Job Security: Even through tough economic times we’ve continued to steadily grow, and we aren’t slowing down any time soon. With a strong national presence across Canada
- Family First Culture: We are and have always been a family owned and operated business. We have family friendly events year-round and affectionately call our team members the Scandi Family.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive medical and dental plan as well as personal days off.
What your day to day will look like:
- Provide coverage within assigned region for vacations, leaves etc.
- Manage special projects within the region including grand store openings, renovations, stores tours and executive visits ensuring compliance to all standards.
- Coordinate with assigned Account Managers in region with any issues or concerns and complete all appropriate department filings and reports.
- Provide direction and supervision to Owner Operators and/or Hourly employees as needed.
- Assist with onboarding and provide ongoing training to Owner Operators and/ or Hourly Employees as needed.
- Travel requirements will be 80% travel locally (daily travel within local city/area) and up to 20% travel within larger region.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Previous experience in the commercial cleaning industry
- Valid driver’s license.
- 3-5 years previous Supervisory experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with demonstrated dependability and problem-solving.
- Flexibility in work hours and travel.
- Intermediate computer skills including PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
At Scandinavian Building Services we are an equal opportunity employer who values a diverse workplace. We recognize the strength that comes from different experiences, backgrounds and perspectives and welcome all candidates to apply. We feel it is important that all people have access and opportunity to be employed, to be valued and to be respected.