JOB POST #4853-2024
Production Supervisor – Canplas Industries (Barrie)Date Closing: February 18th, 2024
Canplas is a North American business unit located in Barrie, Ontario. Our team develops and produces solutions that meet our clients’ most demanding expectations. We are passionate about creating sustainable, innovative solutions for the markets we serve. We provide people around the world with innovative solutions, leading our industry in a way that anticipates the rapidly evolving needs of our customers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will oversee and organize the equipment, personnel, and processes on the production floor.
This person will be accountable for efficient production, labour deployment, product quality, employee communication and relations, 5S and given the highest priority to employee safety.
This position will be on a Continental Night Shift.
Major responsibilities include:
- Accountable for the safety and health of employees within the workplace. Employee safety takes priority above production in any decision that must inter-relate both concerns.
- Lead a proactive safety culture and manage site OH & S policies and procedures including workplace incident reporting and management.
- Foster an environment of empathetic communications with employees through monthly shift meetings and daily discussion with the employees.
- Recognize, coach, and guide employees in a consistent manner to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Participate in and promote the Hazard Made-Safe Program and Employee Suggestion Cost Reduction Program.
- Accountable for product quality as it relates to the manufactured product by prioritizing quality problems; ensuring attention and following up on molded part problems. Communicate with Quality Manager when required.
- Accountable for the efficient production to standard cycle or better (without compromising quality) of the molded product.
- Maintain and continually upgrade the level of housekeeping using the 5S program and conduct audits daily.
- Ensure that hoppers, water tanks and conveyors are cleaned on a regular basis and purge and garbage containers are emptied at least once per shift, per 5S standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A post-secondary education in the form of a diploma/degree in a six-sigma or quality management certification.
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience in the manufacturing field.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills including Microsoft office & ERP systems.
- A strong knowledge of Health and Safety practices as well as Employment Standards legislation.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills combined with an organized and practical approach to solving problems
Canplas Industries Ltd is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities throughout the recruitment process and, upon request, will work with qualified job applicants to provide suitable accommodation in a manner that takes into account the applicant’s accessibility needs due to disability. Accommodation requests are available to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process for Canplas Industries Ltd positions. To request accommodation, please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org